Coming to Terms

Chuuya felt like his stomach was turning in knots as the impact hit him of what this all implied. It had been almost 5 minutes since the news was dropped on him and explained about how there's a traveller around who is also from another world. He currently was sat down against a wall as Jean and Venti knelt beside him noticing he looked ready to throw up as he was overwhelmed by dread.

"Fuck!" Chuuya slammed his hand against the wall causing a massive crack in it making the knight and bard jolt back. "......Apologies" he mumbled after realising he just caused property damage as he let his head fall into one of his hands.

"It's alright, the revelation you're lost in another world is quite...Well, a big reveal" Venti smiled awkwardly and then sincerely when Chuuya nodded slightly in appreciation at trying to make him feel better. He inhaled then exhaled and stood up slowly.

"This traveller you mentioned, they intend to meet with The....Seven? Does this somehow have something to do with them being able to leave this world?" Chuuya asked now that he was standing straight.

"That's what we believe yes. Or at the very least help them find their twin" Jean nodded as Chuuya rubbed his chin which got a knowing look from Venti and Jean before the knight spoke again "You intend to do the same, Nakahara?" Which garnered her a calm nod "Very well, though I would like to ask. What was that red glow, and how did you manage to well..." she gestured to the wall.

Chuuya pondered silently and without any real signs of thought present to betray him before he shrugged, on the the chance they turn out to be evil there wasn't much they could do with the basic information of his gift and even then that chance was next to none since you don't jump into a freezing cold river at night if you intend to kill someone later on. "To put it simply, in my world some people can have special abilities called Gifts, these people are called Ability Users. I am one of them. My Gift was dubbed Upon The Tainted Sorrow and it grants me control over gravity to put it lightly"

"Wait...the thing everything is effected by to some extent? You can control that?!" Venti had jumped near Chuuya looking him in his blue eyes "And that name, it would work rather fine as the title for a song of mine" Chuuya raised an eyebrow at the rhyme and the odd reaction he had gotten from the bard.

"Pretty much, although I have to be in contact with the object to control it's gravity." Chuuya rubbed his left shoulder which had gotten stiff. In fact he began moving all his limbs grimacing as his joints cracked and popped before he noticed something in the distance "That's not pleasant" he grumbled. "But back to the discussion. Bard, you're one of The Seven aren't you?"

Venti had jumped slightly at the almost immediate realisation of his identity "wha-how did you...that fast!" Jean also seemed intrigued by this as she tilted her head towards Chuuya who sighed as he began stretching his legs walking around a small radius which one would think is from feeling antsy but Venti could see in his eyes Chuuya was trying to distract himself and expend some energy from panicking over his potential entrapment in this world

"Well for one, I'm no idiot. Two, dude there's a whole ass statue over there that looks like you. And three, I only awoke when you touched me" Chuuya had listed each fact off with fingers before pointing at the statue revealing that was what he saw Chuuya was no genius or anything but he was far from stupid when he wasn't being antagonised LIKE A CERTAIN DETECTIVE DID TO CLOUD HIS JUDGEMENT.

"Ah...that-" Venti started as he looked at the statue in the distance before looking at Chuuya laughing awkwardly "is fair. Very well, it is true. I am the Anemo Archon known as Barbatos. The god of freedom" Venti bowed slightly and then laughed when Chuuya made a disgusted face at the dramatic reintroduction. "But keep calling me Venti or Bard. I don't mind either Mr Fancy Hat" Venti almost immediately moved at least 5 feet back when Chuuya's eye twitched at the nickname in anger. "I mean Chuuya!"

"Chuuya-" Jean cut in making Chuuya relax and look at her, his silence beckoning her to continue her sentence "As acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius and a concerned lady. I ask that you don't try and head out for a few days at least. Familiarise yourself with the city and this world...and try to adjust to the facts"

As much as Chuuya hated the idea of being confined to one area he did acknowledge the necessity of it given the whole different world he was in and also knowing what could happen should he be unprepared emotionally to head out. He sighed and nodded "Alright, I'll do so."

"Thank you, I'll have a spare apartment lent to you and some Mora, our currency, sent your way." However Jean's words made Venti realise something.

"Hey how come I haven't been given so much as a room!?" This got Jean to slowly look towards Venti

"Well...you're always kind of just around. Sleeping anywhere?"

"No fair, Chuuya can I live with you" Venti gave Chuuya his best puppy dog eyes as slowly Chuuya turned and stared at him with such a deadpan expression it reminded him a little of a certain woman from the past.

Some Time Later

So let's go over the facts again. I, Chuuya Nakahara, executive for the port mafia, master of gravity and one of the most feared men alive. Am now stuck in a world where it's like a fantasy game I would play. I might never see Big Sis again...Nor know what happens to anyone in the mafia or the mafia in general. Is this how Dazai felt?

No of course not he didn't care. He just left after dragging me into HIS world. Like the selfish piece of shit he is.

Chuuya sighed as he sat in a room on a bed with his crutch leaning on the bedside table. He had entered his apartment a while ago. And if his pale tone was any sign, he'd gotten too nauseous over the full realisation of his predicament and couldn't calm down fast enough. And who could?! He's here potentially never going to see the people he cares about ever again! How could someone be calm about this?!

He took his hat off and held it against his chest as it rose and fell with each now panicked breath he took. He inhaled slowly and focused on the hat, his breathing and determination to get back somehow. He'd get back there even if it meant he'd have to beat the solution out of 1000 men. Chuuya exhaled slowly feeling his heart return to calm beating. Why couldn't he have had this when he was with the other two, he'd been busy trying to distract himself and keep the dread from overcoming him. A feeling that left a taste worse than blood in his mouth.

Chuuya slowly stood up and began slowly and carefully removing his clothing, placing them aside and folding them on the bedside counter. Now reminded of his small frame Chuuya slid into the bed and laid on his back holding his hat in his hand as he stared at the ceiling, hey if he's lucky he can skip this, wake up and realise it was all a dream...if not this was going to be a massive pain in his ass. He slowly placed his hat over his eyes and closed them folding his arms over his chest as he resigned himself to resting and letting his mind work itself out while he slept.