Prologue

*10 years ago*

Today is the start of Professor Oak's yearly summer camp, we are joined by 6-year-old Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak, two best friends excitedly talking about the camp as they waited for all the kids to arrive at the pokemon ranch outside of Professor Oak's research lab.

"I can't wait for the camp to start. Did Professor Oak say anything about the camp, Gary?" An excited Ash asked. Gary sighed, "Not a single word. No matter how hard I tried to ask, Grandpa didn't tell me a thing."

The two best friends continued their conversation as more and more children entered the ranch. After around 10 minutes, Professor Oak cleared his throat, causing all the children to stop talking and turn to look at him.

"Welcome everyone to my annual summer camp. I am Professor Oak, and I will be the one in charge of the camp. This camp will last for 1 week, and you'll be staying in tents with up to 1 friend. So, is everyone ready to begin our first activity?" All the children cheered excitedly except for one honey blonde in the corner.

"Alright, I shall explain the rules of our first activity, the pokemon treasure hunt. In the forest behind the ranch, we have placed many different cards with pokemon on them. Your goal is to find 3 of these cards in the fastest time possible. So, without further ado, let's begin." And with that, all the kids started running towards the forest, with Ash and Gary taking the lead.

"Alright then, Ashy-boy, it's a race, and I'm going to win." Gary boasts while ticking Ash off with the nickname.

"Dream on Gary, and stop using that nickname!" Ash rebutted. And with that, the treasure hunt began.

Serena's POV

I've been walking through the forest for about an hour now, kicking small stones and sticks that are in my way. I never wanted to come to this stupid camp. I hated this. What's the point of sending me to this camp when I don't even know anyone?

As I continued aimlessly walking around, thinking about why I would be sent here, I suddenly heard sounds coming from the bush beside me, startling me and causing me to trip on the root of a tree, scraping my knee. I slowly crawled to the tree, looking at the bush as tears started to form in my eyes. I couldn't hold it in anymore as I cried out, "I never wanted to be here! Mommy!"

Ash's POV

It's been about an hour since the treasure hunt started, and I've already found 2 of the cards, 1 more I beat Gary. At that moment, a Poliway jumped in front of me. We locked eyes for a minute before the Poliway jumped away into a nearby bush. I decided to follow the Poliwag instead of finding the last card, so I hastily ran after it.

Just as I was about to jump into the bush to go after Poliwag, I heard the cries of a girl.

"I never wanted to be here! Mommy!"

Without wasting another second, I rushed through the bush, worried that something bad had happened to the girl. I came face-to-face with a cute honey-blonde girl with a straw hat lying on the ground sniffing. When she looked up, I saw the cutest cerulean blue eyes I've ever seen in my life. I slowly walked over to her and knelt.

"Hi, I'm Ash. Are you ok? What happened?" I gently asked.

"I hurt my knee." She said, sniffling again as she showed me her scraped knee.

I immediately reached into my pocket to take out my blue handkerchief, before tying it around her knee.

"Watch this," I say as I raised my hands to do what my mother always does when I get injured.

"Pain, pain, go away!" I shout as I wave my hands around her knee. She looked at me confused before letting out a cute giggle.

"Can you stand?" I ask as she attempts to stand but fails.