Chapter 2

*In the Kalos region*

A honey blonde woman was peacefully sleeping on her bed, having a perfect dream of her and her childhood love if she had never left Kanto. Unknown to her, a small bird-like pokemon was hovering over its unsuspecting victim for a few seconds before striking.

"Fletchlinggg!" The girl yelled, shooting up from her bed and glaring at the small bird. Said bird gave a satisfied chirp before flying out of her room. This girl was none other than Serena Yvonne, the current Kalos Queen at the young age of 16. Serena sighed as she reached over to the nightstand for her phone to check the time. 10.30. Wait 10.30! Serena internally screamed. She had agreed to meet her best friends, Aria, Miette, and Shauna at Lumiose City at 11. Serena hastily ran to her closet and picked out her clothes before sprinting into the bathroom. After her morning routine, she rushed downstairs, greeting her mother as she grabbed the sandwich her mother had made for her before bolting out of the house.

*10 minutes later*

Serena had just reached the outskirts of Vaniville Town as she patiently sat at the bus stop waiting for the bus before a smug voice called out to her from behind.

"Hello, Serena dear." Serena immediately whipped her head around as she glared at the boy who said those words.

"What do you want, Calem." Serena calmly spoke, trying her best to contain her disgust for the boy.

"The same thing as I've always wanted, tor you to date me." Calem smugly said as he sauntered over to Serena, who shifted away from him.

"No, Calem. How many times do I have to reject you for you to give up!" Serena yelled. Ever since Calem has placed top 4 in the previous Kalos League and has been named as one of the potential new Elite 4, he's been acting all high and mighty, all which trying to get Serena to date him.

"Why not. I placed top 4 in the previous Kalos League and will soon become the newest Elite 4 member. There's no one else more suitable for you than me." Calem smugly said. It was, in some sense, true. The 2 time Kalos League winner, Alain, was already in a relationship with the former Kalos Queen, Aria. The 2nd and 3rd place winners were female, and the only male contestant that was male was the 2nd place winner of the previous Kalos League, a mysterious man named A.K.

But to Serena, all of that didn't matter. The only person suitable to date her in her eyes was her childhood love, and would only date him, provided they ever find each other. (wink wink)

"I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I'll never date someone like you, Calem." Serena snapped as Sylveon came out of her pokeball and glared at Calem. This prompted Calem to get up and leave, but not before saying something.

"You can keep trying to deny darling, but one way or another, you'll be mine." And with that, he left. Serena heaved a sigh of relief as she watched Calem walk off before kneeling down to pet Sylveon, thanking her for the help. Just as she stood back up, the bus arrived, and with that, she was on her way to Lumiose.

*Timeskip to when Serena goes home*
(2 reasons I'm not writing Serena's outing. 1: it's irrelevant to the story. 2: I'm lazy.)

"Mom, I'm home!" Serena called out as she opened the door to her house. Grace's head soon popped out of the kitchen, smiling warmly at her daughter.

"Welcome home, sweetie. Dinner will be here soon. Oh, and a letter came for you today while you were out, I've placed it on your table." Grace said as Serena nodded before heading up to her room.

Once Serena entered her room, she immediately headed to the table and opened the letter. The contents inside read as follows.

Dear Kalos Queen Serena Yvonne,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to join Amour High, a pokemon school in Kalos, based on your recent achievement during the Master Class.

The school's aim is to nurture rising talents to help them grow and understand more about pokemon. Battlers, performers, and researchers are all invited to join the school. Students will be required to live in dorms of two students. Please fill in the form in the envelope and send it back to us as soon as possible if you're interested. We hope to see you at Amour High.

From,
Principal Diantha and
Vice-principal Sycamore

Serena read the letter over and over again in awe. Amour High is one of the most renowned schools in the world. She looked over the letter to the picture placed on her table and smiled. It was a picture of her and young Ash holding hands and smiling brightly. Suddenly, she realised something. Battlers, too, are invited to Amour High, which means that Ash might be there too. Just the thought of meeting Ash again made her giddy with happiness. As she lovingly stared at the picture, only one thought went through her mind.

"I can't wait to see you soon, Honey."