Guilty Pleasure | Chilly & Den

"I just don't understand how you can be so ruthless."

Chilly was whining the entire time she followed Den into the city. It was one thing after the other. First, how cold it was, then how her legs were tired, and now how Den was scaring her. Den swore if Chilly continued further, she'd turn around and show her how scary she really could be.

"You're the one who wanted to tag along. Don't be complaining." Den said, reaching into her knife holster. "You have your weapon, yeah?"

"If you can call it that.." Chilly answered, voice sounding unsure.

Den softened her tone, looking over her shoulder at her friend. "Hey, you know this world's some sort of an apocalypse, right? So, we're gonna be putting people out of their misery."

It wasn't in Recreyo's rule to have an attachment to any worlds and characters, but that didn't mean Chilly didn't at least feel a little sympathy.

Especially considering their... goal.

So when Den reassured her, she tried to look up and nod. "Right! A-And we're just gonna be taking out one person today. So it's not like.. a massacre."

Den wanted to correct her with 'that you know of,' but she decided against it. Turning back around, she led Chilly around a building. They hid beside a dumpster, pressing their backs against the wall. Going out into the open could be dangerous with Chilly here. Chilly might've arguably been the strongest Recreyo member physically, but she wasn't exactly... sensible.

With this in the back of her mind, Den motioned Chilly to be quiet, putting a finger to her lips.

"I think there should be someone in this building." Den explained, volume barely above a whisper. "There's a window up there- see? It's probably boarded up, though."

"Oh."

"So we can wait for someone to leave, instead. It might be tedious, but grabbing someone from the street is easier than having to break into someone's base."

"You sound like you'd know." Chilly nervously chuckled.

"Of course, now get your claws out. Someone has to get out at some point."

"We.. do know for a fact there's people in these houses?"

"Oh, yeah." Den affirmed, "They're some sort of town built off of scavengers. That's why you shouldn't feel bad when you get 'em. They've killed others just to make a better place for themselves."

"I see.."

"Don't worry, there aren't any laws here. No one cares unless you hurt their own family. It's easy on my own, so with you here, we'll do great."

Chilly and Den stayed quiet after that. Chilly didn't really understand anything Den said, but she was glad she appeared to be in a good enough mood to help Chilly so much. It was a good change of pace considering the other Recreyo members were a little less tolerable with her.

They waited for someone to leave their house, and it wasn't long before there were footsteps. Den peaked out from behind the wall, and Chilly remained still.

"It's just one person. We're set."

Chilly didn't know how they could be so lucky. She almost felt bad about it, but she still followed Den's instructions. They tailed the person as they seemed to be leaving the city, probably on some sort of errand run.

Out on the wasteland, now, Den and Chilly didn't have anymore hiding places. It was just an empty, vast area, with only the three figures atop it.

The person couldn't even speak, before Den ran at them with her knife. Now with the person against her body, a knife to their neck, Den looked up. She yelled at Chilly to finish the job. Maybe to her, it was some sort of honors. Chilly's stomach was twisting, though.

"Chilly, you've killed plenty before!" Den said, "Go on, take those claws out!"

"Well, e-eating someone alive is a first!" Chilly squeaked.

"Isn't that the entire reason you came here!?"

Chilly couldn't open her mouth or move at all. Den stared, mind racing for something to do.

Then, there was blood in the air.

Chilly's senses were on fire- the blood was calling to her, her nose twitching at the smell.

"Chilly, you think I haven't noticed you staring at my blood jars?! This is for you!"

Den ran the knife deeper into the person's skin. It was on his shoulder, so close to his neck.

"Not only are you a raptor, you're part vampire, aren't you?! Quit playing around and help yourself!"

Shit. They were too far into this to back out now. That's what she said to herself, even as she moved forward with an eagerness even Den didn't seem to predict. The body was struggling against the knife-wielder, but after being pushed forward to the ground, they realized there was just no use in escaping anymore.

Chilly tore through them.

-

"We're back from our Starbucks and groceries trip!" Chilly cheered, walking out into the living room. Den followed her, a bag hanging off of her hand.

Curt was watching an anime on the TV, so he didn't look up or bat an eye when the two girls showed up. "Took you guys long enough."

"We ran into some traffic." Den told him. "Where's Ivan?"

"No idea, why?"

"I found a cool knife I wanna try on him." Den smiled. Curt sighed, exasperated.

"Typical.."

Chilly and Den looked at each other.

"Yeah.. typical." Chilly giggled.

She couldn't wait for their next trip.