j. koundé

"babe, i'm back!" jules shouted after he closed the front door of your shared apartment. 

a sigh scraped his lips as he carelessly kicked off his shoes and bag, leaving a mess that he told himself to clean up later. jules was exhausted, his muscles feeling sore after he had spent the early hours of the morning on the pitch. the coach had decided to go extra hard on the team today, which had left him in a rather grumpy mood. though, the thought of spending the rest of the day with you had seemingly given him enough motivation to get through the last few hours. but now that he was back in the safety of his flat he felt a calmness run through his body for the first time that day.

jules loved football. all of his life he had dreamed of  playing professionally and had worked his ass off to be where he was right now. the sport had always been a passion of his and held a special place in his heart that he could never imagine doing anything else. it had always been him and football, which was all that he needed. however, his opinion had changed over the last few years because of something, or more specifically, someone, who had slowly crept their way into jule's heart, too.

as cliche as it might sound, he couldn't deny the instant attraction he had felt once his eyes had landed on you and vice versa. you were truly made for each other and this wasn't just something that the two of you said. your families and friends had told you the same once they had seen you interact with one another.

jules couldn't stop the smile that was forming on his lips at the thought of you. making his way further into the apartment, he tried to pick up any noise that would indicate him, where you were. however, there was nothing but silence, which left him to look through all of the rooms on his own. but after spending almost three years with you he knew you well enough to know, where he had to search. 

as he walked down the corridor of your apartment he noticed that the bedroom door was slightly opened, which proved his intuition right. it was something jules had already noticed, when the two of you weren't living together yet and you had spent the night. you always kept your door open while you slept. it was a habit that you had picked up growing up and you never really let go off, which he thought was adorable.

sticking his head through the gap in between the door and the frame, a smile stretched onto jules' lips. there you were, peacefully sleeping in your bed, unaware of anything that was going on around you. the blanket that you had probably cuddled into previously was kicked to the side and gave him a good glimpse of your legs.

the sunlight, which was streaming through the window, shone down on your skin and gave it a golden touch. before jules could stop himself he tiptoed over to the bed, eager to feel this all too familiar softness. the mattress dipped underneath his weight as he sat down on the edge. now that he was up close to you you looked even more adorable. the left side of your face that was pressed against your cushion was squeezed and your lips were slightly parted. 

you looked so tranquil laying there in front of him that jules felt kind of bad for what he was about to do. but he knew better than letting you sleep for so long, because if he did you wouldn't be able to get enough well-needed rest tonight. carefully, he ran his hands along your thigh and watched as goosebumps littered your skin, wherever his fingertips had touched you. it amazed him how even in a state of unconsciousness your body still reacted to his. 

"baby?" jules whispered into your ear upon noticing that you were slowly waking up. "c'mon, amour, wake up." with a gentleness, which he strictly reserved for you, he started pressing kisses along your jaw, nose and lastly your lips. it seemed that with every affectionate gesture you slowly drifted more and more into consciousness. he smiled into the kiss once he felt the familiar pressure of your lips moving against his.

after giving you one last peck, he leant back and watched as you slowly opened your eyes. "hey", he greeted, keeping his voice low so you could comfortably get used to being awake again.

"hey." your voice was still raspy from the previous slumber as you gazed into the brown orbs of your lover. the sight brought a smile onto your lips, which jules immediately returned.

"how was your training?" you asked him, watching as your boyfriend yawned and stretched his arms.

"pretty good, but i've missed you", a cheeky grin spread onto jules' lips, which sent a flutter through your stomach. although, the two of you had been together for almost three years now your body still reacted, whenever your boyfriend complimented you. it was something that you couldn't stop, yet you – and jules – didn't mind. it only showed how much you loved and cared for him, which he cherished by doubling the sweet gestures and compliments.

"you're so cheesy." you mumbled and rolled your eyes, though, you couldn't stop the smile that stretched onto your face. "and you love it", jules smirked and leant forward, connecting your lips in yet another kiss.