m. rashford

you closed your eyes, soaking up the last few sun rays of the day. your feet were dangling in the pool – your shoes laying somewhere behind you, discarded as soon as you had come back from dinner. while your boyfriend had gone back inside to change into something more comfortable and warmer you had decided to hang back and enjoy this moment before the two of you had to fly back to manchester tomorrow.

the vacation had been truly beautiful. from the weather to the food and lastly the little bungalow you had rented. everything about it had been immaculate. it was exactly what both you and marcus had needed to unwind and relax before you had to get back to your day-to-day routines. you had gotten so used to sleeping in together and going through the day without any duties that you weren't ready to leave just yet. however, with the summer break slowly coming to an end the two of you had to get back. your daily tasks were already postponed enough and marcus was bound to pick up training soon. 

"here, i've brought you a jacket. i thought you could need it," your boyfriend's voice startled you and brought you back to the current situation. you had been too occupied with your own thoughts, reminiscing about everything that had happened since you came here that you hadn't even heard him approach.

you twisted your head to the side to get a better look at marcus, who was holding your favorite cardigan in his outstretched hand. "thank you." you smiled gratefully, reaching out and slipping it on. as he sat down next to you, dipping his feet into the water, you noticed that he had changed his previous outfit to a more comfortable one – consisting of some black shorts and a hoodie.

while the two of you watched the sun slowly disappear behind the trees, you laid your head on your boyfriend's shoulder and thought about the last two weeks.

"i don't want to go home tomorrow," you revealed.

marcus sighed, "i know, babe. me neither." he kissed the top of your head before you turned around and propped your chin onto his shoulder, so you could look at him.

"is it bad that i'm saying this?" you asked, pulling your bottom lip in between your teeth. "that i don't want to go back?"

he met your gaze, his eyes softening as he took in the frown that twisted your features. "no, it's alright." your boyfriend lifted his hand and caressed your cheek, which softened your expression. a smile spread out onto his lips in return.

"it's normal to feel like that", marcus continued. "the last two weeks have been beautiful and i wouldn't have wanted to spend them with anyone else."

the corners of your mouth tugged upwards. "it definitely wouldn't have been the same without you", you chuckled, pictures of everything you had done flashing past your eyes.

your lips twisted in a devilish grin as you remembered one specific moment. "especially the zip line." 

marcus rolled his eyes, "fuck off." 

however, he couldn't stay serious for too long as the two of you broke out in fits of laughter. unlike you, who had managed it pretty easily, your boyfriend had been nervous ever since you had mentioned you wanted to go zip lining during your summer vacation. although, he was scared of heights, which was also the reason why you had never done something like this before, the joy in your eyes once you had brought it up was enough for him to accompany you. 

"i'm never doing this again", he told you once your laughter had calmed down. you smiled and leaned forward to peck his cheek. 

"you did amazing, baby", you mumbled against his skin. "i promise you won't have to do that again." 

a smile stretched out onto marcus' face as he turned his head to look at you. "good, i'll remember that."

you mirrored his expression before you connected your lips. the kiss was short and sweet – a perfect ending to a beautiful vacation. as the sun fully submerged behind the trees the two of you stayed seated at the rim of the pool, whispering amongst you while night slowly engulfed you. however, neither one of you seemed to mind. you wanted to cherish this moment as long as possible even if that ment you were going to be extremly tired tomorrow morning. though, it didn't matter to you, because all of this was worth it.