pedri

a sigh scraped past pedri's lips as he closed the door to your new apartment. he was exhausted, to say the least. after leaving pretty early this morning for a training session, him and the rest of the team had an excruciating long media day, which left him to where he was right now – exhausted and ready to call it a day.

you, on the other hand, were still fast asleep once your boyfriend had left and only woke up an hour later to a note sticking onto your nightstand. although, pedri hated leaving you like this – without a proper goodbye – you didn't really mind and instead, embraced the situation. after almost two years of long distancing, the two of you had finally found an apartment you both felt comfortable with. though, ever since everything had happened rather fast. from talking to the tenant, to packing up your things and eventually moving in. everything had been so hectic that you had barely any time to settle in.

of course, you were happy to start this new chapter of your life with pedri, seeing it as a huge opportunity for the both of you, but somehow, you couldn't enjoy the moment as much as you had anticipated. the new environment and leaving your friends and family behind to move to barcelona was just something that you needed to get accustomed to.

your change in behavior also didn't stay unnoticed by the spanish footballer, who had tried to ease your anxiety by spending as much time with you as possible. so, as a matter of fact you had felt weird this morning, knowing you would spend the whole day on your own. however, you had still tried to make the best out of the situation, using this chance to get more comfortable with your new surroundings without the presence of your boyfriend. after sleeping in and unpacking a few more boxes, you had spent most of the day either doing some chores or reading a book to keep you occupied. now, several hours later you had decided to take a bath, enjoying the last hour of the evening before going back to bed.

the scent of lavender wavered through the air as you closed your eyes, soaking your tense body in the warmth of the water. to add to the atmosphere, you had lit some candles, dimming the light to a bare minimum as the shadows danced along the walls. although, pedri had already texted you he'd be back soon you didn't rush and instead engulfed the calmness that the bath brought you. you savored the moment so much that you slowly started dozing off and even missed the sound of the front door opening.

pedri, who had just stepped into the comfort of your shared apartment was met with silence. as he stepped further into the flat he could make out the faint sound of music playing through a speaker. a smile spread onto his lips as he followed the direction of the familiar melody that eventually led him to your bathroom.

leaning against the doorframe, the footballer let his eyes wander over your face, down to the exposed skin of your cleavage and back up to study your features. he couldn't even remember the last time he saw you this calm and collected, a state you hadn't been in for quite some time now due to the stress of the last few weeks. it physically hurt him, seeing you like this and even though, you had reassured him that you were alright he could see through your facade. you were drained and pedri knew that. he had tried his best to make sure your move was as smooth as possible. however, his help didn't seem to diminish your struggle. so, seeing you like this, especially after a day that you had to spend on your own brought a smile to his lips.

as he slowly walked up to the bathtub you were currently laying in he reached out and grabbed your towel from the heater. he bent down next to it and propped his elbows onto the rim.

"querida?" he whispered, scared he would startle you, if he'd speak too loudly. although, your eyebrows furrowed your eyes kept shut.

"come on, querida. wake up." pedri mumbled into your ear before he placed a gentle kiss to your temple.

slowly, you started moving as your eyes fluttered open. once you had regained full consciousness you looked up and gazed into the hazel eyes of your boyfriend.

"hey." you whispered, watching as a small smile spread onto pedri's face.

"hi", he mumbled and leant forward to connect your lips in a short but loving kiss. you hummed in return, enjoying the small gesture he provided you with.

"how long have you been in here?" pedri asked once the two of you broke apart.

"um— what time is it?" you asked him with a sheepish smile, which he only returned by chuckling.

"come on, querida. let's get you out of here. i'm sure you're tired."

you watched as your boyfriend stood up and held his hand out for you to grab. reluctantly, you reached out and took it, letting him pull you out of the comfort of the warm water. before your body had a chance to protest against the sudden change in temperature, pedri wrapped a towel around you, lifting you out of the tub and pulling you flush against his chest. his arms were tightly wrapped around your waist to prevent the towel from falling down as his eyes found yours.

"i've missed you today", you whispered, snaking your own arms around his neck to play with the hair on the back of his head.

"i've missed you, too." The footballer confessed with a smile, which you returned.

you switched your gaze from his eyes down to his lips as you bridged the small distance between you, connecting your lips in yet another kiss. though, this time it was filled with a lot more carefulness and passion, taking your sweet time to savor the moment.

"how's your day been today?" pedri asked, once the two of you broke apart for some fresh air.

you could still feel his breath on your lips as you gazed into his eyes. "it's been good", you told him truthfully. "i think i'm slowly starting to feel at home here."

you watched as a massive smile spread out onto his face at the newfound information. if it was even possible, pedri somehow diminished the distance between you further and pressed a kiss onto your lips.

"you don't know how happy that makes me." he said, pulling you into a hug.

you rested your head in the crook of his neck, smelling his all too familiar cologne as you closed your eyes.

"oh, trust me, baby. i know." you whispered, nuzzling further into his touch.