Chapter 11 **A Very New Development!**

(* You can get audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1610734405 *)

Sighing in my heart, I wondered what Jorne would think to see me gone.

Would he be mad?

Haha, probably!

"What are you smiling about?"

Still smiling at the thought of maddening this person's older brother, I shook my head, "This servant's been naughty, Your Highness!"

Watching the young Prince giggle, he leaned in closer, and asked, "What did you do!?"

I leaned in too, and said, "I angered someone important!"

"Vixen?"

I waved a hand and sat back, "No, not her yet, this servant angered your older brother!"

The Prince sat back and looked conflicted, "My older brother is the Crowned Prince, you could lose your life..."

I laughed and leaned back towards him, "I will be alright, Your Highness, trust me!"

I winked at him and he looked strangely at me.

Silence came over the room, making me suddenly think that maybe what I said was wrong...

Wait...Aren't I trying to be punished anyway?

It should be fine!

"What did you do?" The Prince asked, slowly moving back towards me again.

I smirked and said, "This is a secret, Your Highness, you mustn't tell anyone!"

The Prince nodded eagerly, his immaturity showing more now.

I lowered my voice, and said, "I was punished by the we...Lady May and so I suddenly disappeared from being the Crowned Prince's maid."

The Prince jerked up and looked at her, then pointed, "That's why you look familiar! Your..."

I waved my hands at him and looked around, "Shh!"

The Prince looked around too and bent down towards me, "Sorry!"

I nodded at him and patted his head, "Better!"

The Prince chuckled and smiled at me.

This poor guy, he was now married to a beast!

"Your Highness, the hour is late!" A voice came in from outside.

Losing his smile, the Prince sighed and got up. "Make sure Madeline is well looked after!"

"Yes, Your Highness!" A voice sounded and I watched as the Prince went to walk out of the room.

He turned then and nodded at me, "Until tomorrow!"

Then he was gone...

***

Working for the Prince was a lot of fun for the first two days.

I didn't know he was one to get into so much mischief!

He and I would hide around, pretending to do tricks and laughing at what the future of those tricks would be like.

'What if we pulled out all of the flowers?' Was a mischievous spoken thought between us while we walked around his garden. The Prince had stated afterwards that we would have to act like it wasn't us, to which I obviously agreed to and then we talked about how things would proceed from there...But of course, none of the flowers were harmed in this so-called idea.

Actually, I liked this about him, as we just talked about wicked, childish things, laughing our hearts away to funny things.

What I did see though, was that the Prince had little courage.