Chapter 14 **Chance!**

(* You can get audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1620115850 *)

A thump to falling to my side startled me and then I saw that where my feet were, was opened shortly after.

I was quiet for a moment, catching my baring's as...I had no idea what was going on but...

As someone grabbed my feet, another person was slowly trying to take the barrel out from over me and I found myself on a bed.

"His Highness wanted you to have this."

One of the people was undoing my binds, the other held out a letter.

Shakily, I took it and opened it up.

'I hope that this plan isn't something that makes matters worse, but I just had to try something! I'm sorry you were taken, and I would understand if you never want to return back to the palace!

My royal, elder brother has been frantic in looking for you, but I am not sure if it is wise to return to the palace. State what you want to the two men who are with you and I will understand any type of decision that you state.

If you decide to return to the palace, I will return you to my royal, elder brother, he should be able to keep you safe.

If your decision is to instead leave the palace, the two men will give you some money and you must attempt to disappear, just in case. But, on that condition and due to how I had let you down, I am scared to state this plan to my royal, elder brother, as I have also let him down by not protecting you.

This Prince is very grateful to have met you, selfishly wanting to meet you again but I am also selfishly wanting you to be alive! I wish for your wellbeing and will state now that you have given me courage and will use it to be well myself.

Sincerely Prince Elijah'

Letting out a shaky breath, I sighed.

That sweet Prince!

"I am here to ask you, what is your decision!?"

One of the men looked eager to leave, most likely only here to do his master's orders. Perhaps he didn't even like me...

"What have you decided!?"

He really wasn't giving me any time to think, was he!?

Jorne...

So, he has been trying to get me back...I guess it is because Lady Vixen had hidden me in her very own quarters, that he had troubles trying to get me.

Not only were their maids nearly always attending to her room, but my so-called cell was closed, and something placed in front of it when they weren't abusing me.

Had they been so careful that Jorne was unable to do anything? And now, he won't even know what happened to me...

I didn't get mad at the second Prince for not having the courage to tell his brother and...Actually, it was probably better that way.

Jorne was...He would be better of just believing that I had vanished. Over time, he will see that...

I let out a small laugh, how could I go back?

Even if I went back and became the Crowned Princess all over again...

Well, seeing Lady Vixen's face would be nice...

But, Jorne had said that becoming the Crowned Princess again was going to take time, which meant I would still be a maid and still...

I didn't want to...