𝐯. the history of man

( TW FOR DESCRIPTION OF VIOLENCE )

❝men start wars

yet troy hates helen❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Two weeks had gone by since that first dinner and once a week, ever since, Rosalie and Violet had been meeting at the little Italian place that they had discovered, growing closer and closer and somehow, Violet's mother had fully endorsed every meeting.

Well, that was because she believed Rosalie to be a Bolshoi representative but... that doesn't matter.

But apparently, when she explained it to Edward, he seemed to believe it mattered.

"She's going to find out!" The mind reader exclaimed as Rosalie rolled her eyes before Alice snapped at her.

"You're going to ruin my artistry." Alice said, focusing back on fixing Rosalie's mascara for her weekly dinner with the ballerina.

"Rosalie do you understand how ruinous this could be for us?" Edward hissed, somehow trying to hide his words from their two adoptive vampiric parents. You know, who have super hearing?

"Nothing is going to happen, Edward." Rosalie sniped, careful not to move so the pixie like vampire wouldn't ruin her makeup. "Everything is-"

"See that's what you say now." Edward stated, pushing himself away from the table he had been leaning on. "And then when she's bleeding out in front of-"

At that, Rosalie didn't care about her makeup being smudged.

Standing with a speed faster than light, Edward found Rosalie's soft, pale hand around his throat and he could hear his skin cracking as well as Alice's shocked gasp. He could hear an animalistic growl come from deep within Rosalie's usually honey sweet voice. He had never seen the true effects of the mating bond beside the domesticity of Carlisle and Esme. But this was the full fledged desperation to protect their mate. And he had been the one to evoke it.

Luckily, Carlisle had heard the commotion alongside Jasper from Alice's room and rushed towards them and with the help of Esme pulled Rosalie off but her eyes still looked like slits to Edward.

"Edward you cannot provoke the mate bond." Carlisle said, as calm as ever which was infuriating to Rosalie.

"Did you hear what he said?" She hissed. "He threatened my mate-"

"No, Rosalie he didn't." Esme said, attempting to soothe her adoptive daughter. "Edward is just as concerned for Violet as we all are."

"He-"

"Rose." Alice said carefully, her haze hazed over with some sort of prophetic fog which Rosalie had only just realised had taken place as Jasper held his mate's elbows steadily. "Somethings wrong?"

"What?" Jasper asked as Rosalie's brow furrowed. "What's wrong, Alice?"

"With Violet." Alice said, breathing heavily as she turned wide eyed to the blonde vampire. "Somethings wrong with Violet."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Violet didn't know what to do.

"You thought you could lie to me?" Paul yelled at her before gesturing to the livid Maria Dubois beside him. "To us?!"

Violet had only just stepped into the practice room after her mid afternoon break with an air of a kind of soft happiness and excitement as she looked forward to her dinner with Rosalie later. But her happy mood had quickly dropped when she was met with the infuriated looks of her ballet instructor and mother.