𝐯𝐢. the blood stained rose and her violet

❝she's the devils favourite poem❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Edward!" Rosalie yelled, attempting to stop the blood flow with her hands after her eyes had zeroed in on the large wound in Violet's stomach. "It's going to be okay, Vi, it'll be fine. Edward!"

She heard Edward's quick steps up the stairs but she also heard him stop at the doors entryway at the sight and smell of all the blood. Immediately, he covered his mouth with his hand and tried to keep himself from rushing and draining the two humans in the room dry.

"Get Carlisle!" Rosalie yelled, only tearing her eyes off of her mate to look at Edward with a sharp look. "Hurry!"

Edward didn't need to be told twice and within moments, Rosalie could hear her car speeding out of park and down the street. She only hoped Edward would be faster than death.

But of course, since Edward was gone, Maria was free.

But Rosalie only realised that when she heard the woman's sharp gasp from the doorway.

"Paul?" Maria asked breathlessly as her eyes fell on his lifeless body by the broken mirror. "Paul!"

That sent waves of rage flowing through Rosalie's body but then she felt a gentle hand on her cheek. She met Violet's weak, hazel eyes and shock flowed through her. Violet had managed to pull enough strength together to shake her head as though she could read Rosalie's mind and for a moment, Rosalie thought she could read hers.

She's not worth it, Violet seemed to say, there's no use in trying.

"You're going to be okay." Rosalie whispered, her own hand covering Violet's which still cupped her face. "I'll make sure of it."

Violet merely sent her a weak smile, always one to be polite even with her own pain.

"What have you done!?" Maria exclaimed turning to Rosalie who's body covered Violet's. "What have you done!"

Maria ran forward, most likely to strike a punch or deliver a swift slap to Rosalie's face but Rosalie merely caught her hand in place with an iron grip, sending her a look of warning as she was afraid if she spoke, Violet would never forgive her.

But it was then, Maria lay eyes on her daughter.

"Violet, ma petite fille." Maria gasped. "Are you okay-"

"Don't." Rosalie hissed, gripping the woman's wrist so tight it would most like break. "Don't act like she is your daughter when you are the reason this happened."

"What? What are you-"

"You left her alone with that man, something I would have never done and I've only known your daughter for a month." Rosalie said, biting out every word as her eyes darkened on Maria's face. "He was vile, a waste of breath and now you're daughter is bleeding on the floor of a studio you forced her into."

"I never forced her into anything." Maria exclaimed, a tear escaping her eyes after a moment but Rosalie made an irate sound at that.

"You've practically forced her into her grave." The blonde vampire said, her voice breaking at that. "She never had a choice."

Maria could not say anything in her defence for that is when Carlisle arrived, brushing through the door and rushing to Violet's side. Rosalie knew her mate was in capable hands with the doctor so she continued to stare deep into the eyes of Violet's mother. She never wanted her to forget her eyes or the way Violet's blood stained her cheek from where the ballerina had touched her skin.

Rosalie had never forgotten.

She never wanted Maria to either.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"We're not going to be able to save her, Rose." Carlisle said gravely.

Edward had been the one to drag Maria away and find a way to deal with her for the time being as Carlisle worked on the wound on Violet's stomach. Rosalie had been silent the whole time, holding Violet's hand as she sat in a pool of her mate's blood. Praying.

She hadn't prayed in so long.

"You're going to have to make a choice." Carlisle said carefully, watching his adoptive daughter stare into the blood that stained her dress. "I know it's-"

"She was supposed to make that choice." Rosalie said, her throat burning in a way it hadn't in so very long. She felt horribly human once more. "She was supposed to make that choice."

"I know." Carlisle said as tenderly as he possibly could. "But sometimes, we have to make difficult choices for the people we love."

"All I wanted was for her to be able to have a choice when I didn't." Rosalie said, her voice finally breaking. "That's all I wanted."

"I know, Rose, but-"

"Do it." 

Rosalie turned to the voice, meeting the tired hazel eyes of the ballerina whom she loved so very much. Violet squeezed her hand as tightly as she was physically able to.

"Vi, you don't know what it-" Rosalie whispered but was silenced as Violet raised her hand once more to brush a lock of golden hair out of Rosalie's face.

"Does it mean I get to be with you?" Violet cut her off, her voice practically just a breath and Rosalie couldn't help but laugh lightly at that.

"Forever, if you want it." 

"I'd quite like that, I think." The ballerina said gently, her voice almost dreamlike as the blood pooled further around her. "As long as you keep taking me to restaurants like... ours."

With that, Violet had drifted into a state of unconsciousness akin to death. The first stage. The first stage before Rosalie would lose her for good. She swallowed and turned to Carlisle.

"Do it."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

When Violet awoke three days later, she couldn't feel her toenails anymore.

It was a strange sensation, after so many years of perching on the tips of her toes she had built up an immunity to the constant pains that came with ballet but never to this degree. To the degree where she felt weightless.

That was her first thought.

Her second was of Rose.

"Rose?" Violet asked, her voice sounded smooth like the cellos in the orchestra that played during the black swan. She had always loved the cellos. 

"I'm here." Rosalie was immediately at her side or perhaps she already had been. "It's alright, I'm here."

"What happened?"

"It's an awfully long story, my love." Rosalie said gently, delighting in the way Violet immediately latched herself to her side. Rosalie was sure Aphrodite was playing a trick on her by making Violet even more beautiful with her wild, feral stare and dark hair.

"Well, you did say we have forever." Violet said, grinning up at the blonde who rolled her eyes fondly at her humour.

"We do." Rosalie said, not even attempting to hold back her smile. "We have forever."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.