Chapter 2 - Tom's POV

As Patrick told me what had happened I didn't know how to react "You hooked up with another guy?" I asked to confirm as I looked him in the eyes "Yeah," he answered softly "Okay," I replied softly not knowing how to react. I mean I couldn't be mad. I walked out on him, I hurt him, and not only that but I am also with Marion..."You aren't mad, right?" he asked softly and he seemed sad and afraid that I would leave "No, not mad. It's not like I would even be able to be mad at you. I'm with Marion, I've hurt you, and I walked out on you after you gave me the blowjob. It wasn't fair that I did that so I'm sorry," I said softly with sincerity laced in my voice "It's okay," he said softly but he seemed sad, did I make him sad? Oh god did I hurt him? I mean, of course, I did I left him and haven't seen him since. "What's wrong?" I asked even though I knew what the answer would be I still wanted to ask him "Nothing, it's just that I wish more cops were like you," the artist in front of me replied softly. I looked at him in shock as those words left his lips "Me? Why me?" I asked still in shock "You're fair, you wouldn't arrest someone just for loving someone, you would never hit anyone. I've seen it. I saw you. I saw that you saw two boys kissing, probably teenagers and you walked away and pretended you didn't see anything," he replied while making eye contact with me. I stared at him shocked, first of all, I am honored that he thinks this of me. However, I didn't think that other people who agree with the decisions I had made. "Y-you think that of me," I asked him softly "yes, of course, I do. You're the nicest cop I've ever met. A lot of cops would have beaten me and thrown me in jail if I did what I did to them what I did to you," he replied quietly and then avoided eye contact again which made me confused. Why does he keep avoiding eye contact with me? "What's wrong? Why are you avoiding eye contact with me?" I asked softly as I watched him leave the room I followed him. "hey where are you going?" I asked, but my question was answered when I saw him get a first aid kit from the bathroom. "First of all, nothing is wrong. Second of all, I'm avoiding eye contact with you because I like you so much and I'm scared of my feelings toward you. Third of all, I'm patching up my bruise," he calmly as I watched him sit on the toilet seat and patch up the bruise. As I watched him I realized one of the things that Patrick said and it shocked me. "Wait a minute! Why are you scared of your feelings toward me?" I asked very confusedly and he stayed silent. I waited another minute for him to answer but still no response so I went closer to him and kneeled and held his free hand "Why are you scared of your feelings toward me?" I asked again hoping he would answer this time. A sigh that came from his lips was audible but then he answered "because I haven't felt this way towards someone in a long time and you're married and I don't want what happened with him to happen to you," he answered and I hugged him. I don't know what happened to this guy but I wanted to hug him tightly and I wasn't going to ask him about it because I don't want to make him sad or upset. When he is ready and wants to tell me about it he will, but I don't want to pry. 

Later on that night Patrick and I were laying in his bed together cuddling. He was holding me close to his chest and I was resting my head on his chest and shoulder as I played with the hair that was on his chest. We had just made love to each other and I didn't tell him this but it was my first time. I was only a virgin not even an hour ago. "Have you ever thought about getting married?" I asked as I was looking at his chest and playing with the cute little chest hair "Yes, I was going to get married as well. His name was Michael. We were together for five years. He proposed to me one day and I said yes," Patrick replied softly as he stared up at the ceiling. I stayed silent for a few seconds but then I spoke up "What happened?" I asked with a quiet voice. I felt him gulp underneath me and I was about to say he didn't have to answer but he already started answering the question "A bunch of thugs beat him to death," he said quietly and I lifted my head up to look at him "bloody hell, I'm sorry," I said and then rested my head against his shoulder again but looked at his face "It's okay, It's not your fault," he responded after a few seconds "but it's horrible what they did to him," I responded to what he said feeling horrible what they did to him "How did you stand being alone?" I asked a few minutes later with curiosity. He looked me in the eyes before responding "I'm not alone, am I?" he rubbed his nose against mine with made butterflies erupt in my stomach  "we have to be careful," I said softly and he didn't say anything. He just placed a soft, gentle kiss on my lips which I responded to quickly. 

In the morning I woke up to being in Patrick's arms which made me smile. I have to go now though. He was still asleep, I didn't want to wake up but I also didn't want to just leave without saying anything. I didn't know what to do. I lay there for a few minutes before getting up and starting to get dressed while I thought about if I would wake him up before leaving to go to Marion. I got interrupted by my thoughts when I heard Patrick's voice "Let me guess this is the part where you run off and I won't see you for a few weeks?" he asked sadly. I felt guilty, I won't lie about that but at the same time, he knows I am with someone and that I am a cop for god's sake. "Patrick, you know I'm taken. I'm also a cop for god sake!" I snapped at him not meaning to be harsh with it
I watched Patrick look down "right...sorry," is all he said "Patrick, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to snap like that," I said with sincerity "It's okay...I get it, you're right," he said and the hurt in his voice broke my heart so I crawled into the bed and started placing kissing all over Patrick's face, shoulder, and neck as I kept muttering apologizes against his skin and I smiled when I saw him fight back a smile before he wrapped his arms around me "I'm sorry again," I said softly "It's okay," he replied and placed a soft kiss on my lips.