💔 Contemplation 🖌️

This is a hate letter for Lawyer Kong /hj
Anyways.. enjoy the pain >:]

===

[3rd Person POV]

It was a pleasant night out in the city. The stars were shining brightly in the black sky, and there was a cool breeze. Many shops close around this time, so it's mostly quiet outside. The only notable noises present were from traffic and small crowds. Other sounds came from stations that were still open, like the movie theater around the corner. Although it's small, there's a ton of people coming in and out of it everyday. Among those people tonight was a newly formed couple, SMG3 and SMG4.

As they were exiting the theater, 3 was complaining about the multiple problems and inconsistencies that were exhibited in the movie; meanwhile, 4 quietly nodded along with it. He wasn't in the mood to chime along or to interrupt his ranting.

3: "Another thing is that they made the villain such an annoying turd. I usually like the bad guys, but this one was just god awful!"

4: "Uh huh."

3: "ALSO isn't it unrealistic for enemies to fall in love with each other?"

4: "Yea- wait what?"

3: "I take that back-"

He made a brief pause before going off again.

As 3 kept rambling about the writing of the movie, 4 was stuck pondering horrible memories that he just can't shut out. A particular scene in the movie brought it all back to him.

The main character tried to stop a dangerous weapon from being launched. They were too late to cease fire. It made everyone around them dissipate, including their family and friends.

3 halted his tirade for a moment to take a glance at his partner. He noticed that 4's expression was a little off. Usually 4's face indicates some kind of strong emotion after watching a movie whether that be happiness, anger, sadness, you name it. This time around, there wasn't really any sign of strong emotion displayed. He just appeared weary.

3 tapped on 4's shoulder, concerned. "Hey.. you okay there?"

4 snapped out of his thoughts. "Sorry, I was just thinking about ... something." He blankly stared at the ground.

3: "Do you mind sharing what that is?"

4: ".... It's embarrassing-"

3: "Oh. Did you like.. cry during the movie or something? Look I personally didn't find it that emotional, but that's how I feel."

4: "Well... one scene in particular gave me chills.. and.. gave me reminders"

3: "What scene?"

4 steadily turned to focus on 3, and he took a deep breath. "You know.. the scene with everyone becoming lifeless.. how they stared in horror.... and.. yeah."

3: "Oh?"

4 hastily continued on: "Whatever, I shouldn't be looking too deep into this. Forget I said anything at all." He nervously turned away.

3 didn't know what to say. That one scene in the movie... it felt awfully familiar to a recent event. The feud between 4 and the Nintendo ape. The situation that separated him and his friends from their home; in fact, they could have been permanently gone if it wasn't for Mario coming in clutch and the trial. Everyone can pretend it didn't happen all they want, but that doesn't change the massive impact it made.

3 quietly took off his hat and stared at it. 4 anxiously made a glance back at 3.

 4 anxiously made a glance back at 3

4: "...3?"

3: "Look- it's not- ... It's not embarrassing to be reminded of an unfortunate event from anything, even a little movie scene." He gripped onto his hat tightly. "I have to admit, it also kind of frightened me when I watched it. Didn't really know why until you pointed that out."

4: "Yeah... it was hard to watch the movie after that. Any kind of allusion to what happened just fuels me with all sorts of terrible feelings. Like I said, it's embarrassing."

3 sighed. "You have every right to feel upset about this. Nobody easily lets go of events like these. Plus, it was out of our control."

4: "Really?" He turned his body towards 3.

3: "Yeah... it wasn't anyone's fault that a stupid bastard wanted to kill us all."

4: "Right.. but could I have done something? Maybe I could have gotten there faster... maybe I could have gotten rid of Lawyer Kong- MAYBE I COULD HAVE JUST NEVER CRASH LANDED HERE AND MADE EVERYTHING WORSE." He turned his head down with tears forming in his eyes.

3: "...Four-"

3 moved towards 4 and wrapped his arms around him. "It's not anyone's fault."

4: "But.. but I-"

3: "It's not your fault.." 3 caressed 4 lightly.

4 shivered, tears still rolling down his face. 3 kept holding onto 4, not wanting to let go. He didn't want to let go at all.

4 soon hugged 3 back tightly, accepting his embrace. It's comforting just being in his arms. He seemed safe and sound. 3 also felt at ease when holding his partner. The moment was relaxing and consoling.

3 rubbed the small of 4's back before giving him a gentle kiss. "Hey, we should probably head back to the castle. It's very late, and the others might start worrying."

4: "Yeah, probably."

3: "It's also hella cold out here, so let's hurry."

4: "Alright."

3 slowly let go of 4, then he grabbed onto his wrist. 4 released his hold on 3 as well. A brief moment of shared silence passed by before they started their stroll back to the castle.

===
(921 words)