Haunted building

I could clearly notice his smirk. He said nothing but came closer amd closer until I could feel his breathe and he could hear my heartbeats. My heart was actually racing and inching back and forth. I started stepping back. My legs felt like lifting the whole park. He put his hand on my back and pulled me. My hands on his chest and his one on my back locking me and other behind my head. He brought his face on the side of my face and whispered
"You better pray for your life now. You've rang the bells on my mind."

What does this mean? I wanted to say, ask and scream. But my voice choked that nothing came out of the mouth.
He loosened the bond and turned back. I stood there watching him leave. I heard his bike roar and I came out of the trauma. I ran to my bike and came home running and falling.

This incident filled my eyes with fear and I couldn't sleep. I hesitated in the morning before riding my bike. But I gathered all my strength and patiently rode to the college.
Few days , it went all normal. It managed to make myself calm and slowly tried to forget it. It was finally the first weekend and I was lying on my bed. And enjoyed my breakfast there. I felt like doing nothing so I brought my sketch book and drew some random scenery. I then thought to do my laundry and gathered my clothes. I saw the jacket I wore that night and once again the whole moment came to meet me. I ignored all nonsense thoughts and checked the pockets for any in case.
Wait something's in there. It took it out, a pocket notebook, but I clearly remember I took nothing then. I opened it, it said
"I hope you found this. If so read it carefully. Firstly take a seat."

I immediately hopped on my bed like I was actually listening to the words.

"Now, this is what I would like to tell you. You are in something that you shouldn't be. You might attract danger towards you. Don't take it as a joke. It can become a matter of life or death. So, you must stop getting into matters which you are not sure bout.
It's just a reminder."

I didn't get it. What it says? What wrong I did? Just the random visit to first building.
This is getting denser. There is definitely something wrong going in the campus.
These thoughts made me curious and worried.
Did I just make a wrong decision for choosing this university ?

Well, still there is no evident reason to believe this. It could be some random instances. And this guy might be joking around. The whole day I convinced myself and not regret what I have already chosen.

I went to the college next day. My eyes lashing with precision. I watched my each step to make sure I didn't fall into something that can bring my life to the edge.
My classes were going smooth and notebooks getting old. Ben and I, shared most of the time during the break. Sometimes random conversations and sometimes having books to decode.
No, James didn't stop bothing me. But ya, not so often. Like in days and days.
A month passed and the other. I almost got used to the college and the corridors. Still some sections left untouched. And no friendship. Poppy's camp was also about to end. She called me to pick her the next day.

Fortunately, it was the weekend, I dressed up and left the house. I was on my way to the forest road. I was bout to enter the connecting road when my phone rang. It was Poppy. She asked me to pick her after an hour. I wasn't in the mood return back. I then thought to visit the haunted building that stood the other side. I turned my bike to the way and soon I was in front of a double floored building. I took a round of it and saw that it's back had a metallic net boundary. Strange.
Mostly, these kind of net is used for labs and chemical industries.
It had a warning board. The lock was rusty but it looked like it was opened recently. I was curious to look inside. So I tied up my laces and climped the net. I got in. I tried to peep through the glass window but nothing was visible. Then I saw another broken window. I put my hand in and unlocked it. I got into the building and saw that it had burning traces like outside. It was clear that this place has experienced an explosion.
I walked towards the centre and it was dark.
And then a 'boom'.
Someone opened the front door. My body shook with fear. I went behind the bars and  covered my mouth with my hands.
The two unknown beings were talking. Something suspicious, they were arguing on something serious.
It was definitely a male and a female.
I could only hear.

"Listen Dell, I don't care bout your profession. It is getting on my way. You better know what can happen."

"You're being selfish. It's not something set today. It's been years. You need to understand the circumstances. Please"

"You have a month, this is the place no one knows about. You better do it within the month only."

I could hear them walking towards the other end. Thankfully, I had my bike hidden between the trees. But I never thought about my phone.
Poppy had the wrong timing. She called me and my phone rang. I immediately put my phone on silent but it was still a bit late. They heard it. They came back to the central hall.

"Who's there?. You better come out. Else I will shoot you when found."
My legs trembled in terror. I tried to slip slowly towards the window. But I heard the footsteps that were just the other side of the wall. I closed my eyes and prayed for my life.

"Ohhh, it's you. You thought we won't know?"