4.1.1

"What do you mean you're going to Mexico?!" The girl gapes at her best friend from across the room as she sits on the edge of the bed, watching her pack a bag.

"Shhhh!" Said best friend, Lina, quickly shuts her bedroom door, listening for her dad who still seemed to be downstairs in the kitchen. She turns back towards the one on the bed, Imani, sending her a look.

"Sorry" Imani apologizes sheepishly. Lina goes back to packing then as Imani watches her run around the place.

"Its just for the weekend. Derek has been M.I.A since the whole Nogitsune debacle and Scott's sure he's somewhere in Mexico. We're going to go meet with the hunters across the border, the Calaveras, and see if they have him or at least know who does" Lina explains.

Imani shakes her head, still in shock at the idea of her best friend headed to Mexico to save some guy Lina, her brother and their friend Scott met in the woods Scott and Stiles's Sophomore year and Lina's freshmen year. "But if you're all headed to Mexico, who am I supposed to hang out with? Why can't I go with you?" Imani pouts.

"Because, we're taking the Jeep and we'll barely be able to fit the six of us as it is. I'm sure you'll find something to do while we're gone" Lina zips up her bag before turning back to Imani. "Besides, you think I wanna be stuck in a car with Malia?" Lina adds and Imani rolls her eyes.

"What do you have against her? She seems fine to me" Imani points out and Lina lets out a growl of annoyance at the thought.

"She told me if I wasn't so important to Stiles, she would've already torn me apart by now the other day in math class" Lina brings up and Imani scoffs.

"Yeah, and what'd you say to her?" Imani wonders, amusement laced in her voice. Lina huffs, crossing her arms.

"I told her she could try, but there was no way she could catch me up in the trees" Lina shrugs and Imani stands, shaking her head.

"You two are ridiculous! I don't know what went down between the two of you in Eichen, but you need to get over it. This hostility you have towards one another is pointless. You're supposed to be a pack" Imani brings up but Lina shakes her head.

"No way. The only reason I hang around her is because of the others. And because she's with Stiles. Other than that, she doesn't exist to me. In fact, I'll probably just ignore her this whole trip" Lina declares and Imani raises an eyebrow at her.

"Ignore her all weekend?" She asks in disbelief and Lina nods.

"Yep. How hard could it be?" Lina shrugs, unbothered by her friend's expression.

~~~

"You have got to be kidding me" Lina mutters, a pouting coyote on her lap as they drove down the road towards Mexico.

"Lighten up, Lina. We'll be able to switch up the seating soon, so it's only temporary." Scott assures them, though he was smirking at their displeased glares they were sending his way.

Both of them send growls his way and he just turns back around, putting music on for the gang. Stiles glances at them through the rearview mirror, smiling. "Maybe this'll give you two a chance to talk things out?" He offers, earning groans from the both of them.

"I'd never be friends with some stupid cat"

"Lion. For the millionth time" Lina snarls and Malia shrugs, unbothered.

"Same difference" Before the two can start an argument, Kira quickly chimes in, sat right beside them.

"Yeah, uh, I have always wondered about that actually. How did you become a werelion?" Kira asks and Lina shrugs.