4.2.1

Stiles, Scott, Lydia and Lina rush to get Derek inside from the rain and into the Beacon Hills animal clinic where Scott's boss, Deaton, was waiting for them. They place him on the cold metal table, Derek wrapped in a blanket, unconscious. Deaton looks the boy over in shock.

"Wow" he breathes out, Stiles watching him carefully.

 "Wow? Wow as in, '"I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do', kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for" Stiles says hopefully and Deaton gives him a look while Lina nods in agreement.

"Use your magic, Doc. Ha! Doc...like Doc from Back to The Future" Lina laughs, all of the others sending her looks. "Sorry, I'll keep quiet now" Lina nods and Stiles pats her shoulder. 

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Lydia carefully grabs Derek's hand, gasping at the temperature. 

"He's cold. Really cold." Deaton moves to check his heartrate then, the others watching worriedly. 

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott wonders as Deaton moves to shine a flashlight in Derek's eyes. 

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton informs them and they all sigh. 

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questions and Deaton shakes his head. 

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton assures them. 

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles adds and Deaton nods.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton nods.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia brings up curiously and Lina scoffs.

"Cause she's a bitch who hates supernatural creatures. Haven't you met Allison's grandfather? Can definitely tell who raised her." Lina brings up and Stiles nods in agreement. 

"Yeah, knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton states and Lina and Stiles nod. 

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles adds. Deaton looks the four of them over as the conversation dwindles down, noticing their tired expressions as they all look over teenage Derek. 

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night...and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton tells them seriously, looking each of them over. 

"Someone should stay with you" Scott suggests and the others nod. 

"I'll stay" Lydia volunteers. Scott looks over in surprise and she shrugs. "My grades are fine...Despite missing a few classes." 

"I'm so not okay with this" Stiles chimes in and Lydia rolls her eyes.

"Guys, go." Lydia urges and Stiles shakes his head. 

"No." Stiles disagrees and Lina rolls her eyes. 

"Sti, Lydia's got a point. Missing a day of school to help Doc won't do anything" Lina tries to convince him but he shakes his head. 

"Still don't like this idea" 

"Text us if anything happens." Scott says and Lydia nods in agreement. 

"Nope, still not okay with it" Lina and Scott ignore him as they start to drag Stiles towards the door. "Not going anywhere. All right, just 'cause you're stronger..." Stiles complains as they drag him out back towards the Jeep, leaving Lydia and Deaton with Derek.