Chapter Six

A sour pinch felt inside of his throat. No, not the barn! Swiftpaw wanted to yowl out, but he couldn't, his throat was too hoarse to even speak. He felt blood rushing to his ears, he felt furious.

He saw Stormtooth was about to go inside until the warrior shot his head back to see if anyone was near, Swiftpaw ducked, only seeing the warrior's golden eyes.

Swiftpaw also saw Nightthorn, which flinched, too, in the cover of the log. Then Stormtooth went inside and disappeared in the darkness of the barn, while Nightthorn followed inside with the gray tom.

Swiftpaw only watched, then once Nightthorn had disappeared, he stalked towards the barn doors and crouched in-between the barn wall and a boulder, Swiftpaw also checked if he was upwind, which he was, in case Nightthorn or Stormtooth would come walking out and scented him.

His belly was just above the ground before his ears were pricked, hearing mumbling, then, he realized Stormtooth and Nightthorn were near the entrance, so now he can hear them.

"Why would you go inside of there, Stormtooth!" Snapped Nightthorn, grinding his teeth.

Stormtooth sighed and responded, "I was only there to hunt mice."

"You are speaking nonsense," Growled the black tom, "You know you're acting suspicious! I say, if you go in there again, you will get killed by those barn cats!"

"Calm down, Nightthorn, you're overreacting again." Meowed Stormtooth and the two walked past Swiftpaw, which gulped when they walked past, and watched them until they disappeared.

So, once they disappeared in the undergrowth, Swiftpaw quickly ran back to the camp, luckily he didn't get caught by Nightthorn or Stormtooth, or even the Dark Forest cats at night.

His paws couldn't stop him now. He ran past the ferns, plains, boulders, and trees.

It was sunrise once he got back, he had to tell Quickpaw and Riverpaw. He immediately ran inside of the apprentices den, then accidently tumbled over Quickpaw's sleeping body.

"Huh, what? StarClan?" Jumped Quickpaw, his head raised quickly, startled, while fur bristling

Swiftpaw noticed Riverpaw's head rise slowly then asked, "What is it, Swiftpaw?"

"Stormtooth and Nightthorn went out of camp!" Swiftpaw blurted out, then realized he was loud, so he clamped his mouth and let himself bite his tongue.

"Stormtooth and Nightthorn went out of camp together." He repeated, but now in a soft mumble.

"What, like kissy stuff?" Joked Quickpaw and Riverpaw laughed, while Swiftpaw didn't.

"This is serious, guys." He snapped, which quieted Quickpaw and Riverpaw. "I saw Stormtooth go inside of the barn and Nightthorn went as well."

"So? This is out of our paws." Shrugged Riverpaw. "If you would go tell Crowstar, he won't listen to you."

"If you guys don't believe me, I'll let the whole Clan realize that Stormtooth and Nightthorn are planning something!" Snarled Swiftpaw, now not even caring that he was loud.

Swiftpaw ran out of the den and jumped on a stump near the medicine cat's den. He was trailing memories of what happened.

Until he thought about Silvertide. He thought how sad the young warrior was inside of the Dark Forest.

He lied down and rested his head on his paws, his tail wrapped around his legs. He began to call Silvertide in his dream.

Just then he found himself in the Dark Forest, but this time Silvertide was in a valley, Swiftpaw couldn't see any sign of the trees in there.