2. meeting the pack

After a few classes, it finally was lunch. "Hey, y/n, do you want to eat lunch with me?" Liam asks me, I put my books in my locker and turn to him. "Sure, I would love too." I reply with a smile, I close my locker and I followed him down the hallway. We walk outside, and I was able to sense a couple werewolves now. I noticed now I could sense it off...Liam. How was I not able to, till now? We walk up to a couple people I haven't meant before.  "Hey Liam, who's this?" A girl with short hair asked looking at me then to Liam. I turn to Liam and he looked at me for a second. "This is y/n. She's new." Liam replied, they all looked at me. I wonder what they're all thinking about me. "Hey, nice to meet you all." I smiled at them, they smiled back and looked at each other. I wonder if they know I'm a werewolf too.

"So, do you guys go to school here?" I ask breaking the silence. "Yeah, we go to school here." A girl with red hair replied very sassy. Yeah I should've asked a better question because, like duh. Put the dots together. The boy next to her nudged her shoulder with his elbow, he had brown fluffy hair. "Sorry about her, Lydia doesn't really like anyone or trust anyone out of our group." The boy with fluffy brown hair told me. "Dearly noted." I mumbled. "Hey, I'm going to go, but thanks anyways." I said to Liam before walking back into the school. I could tell he wanted to stop me but his friends were saying something to him. I listen with my wolf hearing. "I don't think we should trust this girl." I heard Lydia say to Liam and his friends. "Hey Lydia, I'm the detective here, not you." The boy that with fluffy hair said to Lydia.

"You guys gave me the benefit of the doubt. Why can't you for y/n?" Liam asks his friends before walking away from them. I walk into the school and walk straight to the bathroom. As I walked to the bathroom I bumped into someone. "Hey, watch where you're going!" I say to the boy in a mean tone. "Sorry, I didn't see you there." The boy said in a soft tone. I'm such an ass for saying that so meanly. "Don't sweat it." I said as I was about to walk into the bathroom, till Liam stopped me. "Hey, y/n, wait!" Liam said as he walked up behind me. The boy I was talking to left and I turned to face Liam. "What is it?" I ask Liam, he finally caught up to me and he stands in front of me.

"I'm sorry about that back there. Lydia has bad trust issues." Liam said, I shrug. "Look it doesn't matter, it's not like we're friend's anyway. I'm sorry, but I have some stuff to do before class starts." I said before walking away from him. I walk through the hallways till I finally found another door to go outside. I open the door and kept walking till I got to a tree, I sit down and take my phone out. I put my headphones in my phone and play my music, as for most people on this planet music helps me calm down and have control. Diet Mountain Dew by Lana Del Rey starts to play through my headphones.

I must of been sitting here for awhile, I check the time and class started 25 minutes ago. I get up and start walking back to the school. My first day of school and I'm late to another one of my classes. Great.

_

Class was over and I saw Liam in there, he didn't even look in my direction once. Mason smiled at me though which made me feel more fault about what I had said to Liam earlier. I walk out of the class and I followed Liam so I could apologize to him. "Liam." I said loud enough for him to hear me. He turns around and I think quickly about what I should say to him. "Yeah?" He asks waiting for me to say something. "I'm sorry for saying that to you earlier. It had noting to do with you, it's just your friend pissed me off." I said, he doesn't say anything for awhile.

"You don't have to say anything, but just know that I'm deeply sorry." I said before I turned around and started to walk away. This time he didn't try to stop me, I mean I wouldn't blame him to be honest. I walk to my locker and when I got there Mason was standing there. "Hey, I know Liam isn't taking to you but..." Mason said as I walked him to him. "Just know him and his friends, they're like a family more than a group of friends. They lost more people then I could count." Mason said as I opened my locker.

"I didn't know." I said as I slowly put my bag into my locker. "How would you?" Mason paused. "Liam will come around." Mason said, I close my locker and look around me. "Yeah?" I ask him. "Of course. Me and Liam been best friends since we were little, we always ended up fighting over little things then we forgave each other soon enough." Mason reassured me. I nod. "So what class you have up next?" I ask him. "Biology. You?" He asks me, I take out the piece of paper with all my classes on it. "Biology too." I said as I put the paper in my pocket. "Okay, wanna walk there together?" Mason asks me, I nod 'yes' and we start to walk to our next class.

Word count: 980 words