Visions Of The End Of Time

"I have had a vision. A vision that told me of the future. I saw a great army, fighting the forces of Neptune at the base of The Chalice. We were there, brothers, fighting alongside great warriors. One such was a woman of flaming red hair who wielded magic so powerful even The Blade himself feared its rich purple aroura. She carried a mighty sword of sheer energy that cut through even the strongest armor and weapons with ease. I come to tell you this, brothers: Ragnarök is coming. And with it we shall be free from the grasp of The Watchers!" A man bellowed, standing on a log with his arms raised. 

A crowd of at least thirty people sat in a ring around him, listening. The night sky was filled with stars as if some mad god had taken a paintbrush and whipped it about in the heavens. At the base of the stump was a roaring fire, flames stretching hungrily into the sky. A thin line of smoke drifted lazily. The air was rich with the smell of roasting meat and smoke. Crickets chirped, turning the dark woods alive with the sound of music. Three Moons chased each other slowly across the night sky, always just out of reach.

"Bullshit! No one can stand up to The Watchers. Not even the gods themselves. Not even the unlimited army of entities under the surface of Murn. How would we, a band of brothers thirty strong, even stand a fraction of a chance?" A man in the crowd yelled. The band erupted into support of the protester. The man on the stump raised his arms.

"We shall not be alone! For the Daughter of Odin and Son of Murn shall lead our charge against our enemies! Listen to me, brothers!" He boomed. But he had lost the crowd. They spat insults against him, walking away.

"It's true."

All the men turned to Creed and stumbled back in surprise at the arrival of the entity. Creed waled by greeting them.

"Hi, whatsup. I know you, go away. Ayyyy, Steve!" He said to each person as he walked by.

 I stood, pulling my hood back and letting my hair fall over my shoulders. Creed and I stepped up to the stump.

"My name is Gem. I was subject to experiments like the Empires Trials and Hermit Trials. They forced me to kill friends. To destroy families. But I'm not going to let them do that to one more person. But we can't do it without the other Trials. Will you fight with us at Ragnarök, or remain slaves to Neptunes agenda for the rest of time? I know I won't. Will you?!" I spoke, reciting the speech Creed had written and had me memorize. This was probably the hundredth crowd I had spoken to. Every single time the majority said yes. Eagerly, even. This one was no different.

  "We stand no chance! If you want to die, go ahead. But I won't stand for it." The protester said.

"Would you rather die a slave or die fighting? Never free?" I asked him. He hesitated a moment.

"Not if fighting will be worth NOTHING!" He bellowed, turning and walking away. Only two people followed him. It didn't bother me.