𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

• 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱 •

I was about to strip off all of my clothes and lay on the concrete to get this fucking itch out of my system. I never used to stop myself from finding someone to kill. I never had a reason to. So why the hell did I feel like stopping myself now, of all times?

Mae bringing up the fact that she wanted to kill Zero was enough to make my blood boil. I'd wanted to kill Zero for years. He was insolent, thinking no one in the world could touch him. But his father...

His father was the only person I feared, and if he found out I killed his son? I didn't want to die by his hands. Fuck anyone else, he'd make it last.

No one would ever expect Mae. From what I knew, Zero tormented her for years without any retribution. If one day she lashed out and actually killed him, no one would point the finger at her. And even if they did, Zero's father would never admit a female killed his son.

He was a sexist, misogynistic prick. Only the best for South District.

I balled my hands into fists and stopped walking. I looked up at the dreary ass sky. Noah and Luca had long since walked away, probably back to the castle. The two of them drove me insane.

Noah was weak as hell, never fighting back. When Zero had Mae by the throat, he barely fought to try and get to her. Granted, Tomas would have kicked his ass into next Wednesday if he struggled too much. But for someone so enthralled with the girl, you'd think he'd at least try harder.

And Luca. I'd never met a new vampire so damn cocky. Sure he punched the shit out of Zero, but who in their right mind acted like they were untouchable? No one in this place was untouchable. Not even Titus.

I tilted my head to watch a young couple walk by, their eyes downcast as they tried to get past me without me noticing. The woman was pale, her lips a light tinge of blue, and was leaning heavily against the man.

I closed my eyes. Why was I stopping myself, again?

"Mama," a little voice called and I opened my eyes again, watching as a little girl sprinted towards the woman.

The woman forced a smile and knelt to catch the girl, and I turned away.

I didn't kill parents or children.

Who's to say I didn't have a line I didn't cross?

Plus...she would die in the next month. Why a vampire was still drinking from her was beyond me. She was riddled with cancer and her entire body was shutting down. Good news for her boyfriend - or whatever he was to her - because he was fucking the chick next door to them. He was probably just biding his time before she died and could leave the kid behind - assuming he knew she wasn't his.

Even when people didn't think they were being watched, there were eyes everywhere in this shitty district. Every vampire high enough in ranking knew every detail of every person within the walls.

I blew out a breath. That need to kill wasn't going away. It didn't matter how long I walked, it wasn't going away.

I turned towards the castle and headed towards it, my hands clenched into fists in my pockets.

What the fuck was stopping me? There were so many people in this shit hole, and half of them that were alive pre-takeover would probably fucking pay to die. So why. The. Fuck. Was. I. Stopping. Myself.

I pushed through the doors of the castle and stilled, feeling her and him. Too damn close together for their scents to be mixing.

"Seraph," Zero's voice made me stiffen. It was not the time for him to be messing with me. I already wanted to rip his jugular out.

I angled my body slightly towards him, ignoring the sudden urge to go to Mae and turn her around. It'd be too damn late. They were going to see each other.