2. jealousy, jealousy

"hey, wednesday," xavier said with a smile in botanical sciences, staring at the girl.

wednesday simply glanced over in his direction, not uttering a word.

"really? you're not even gonna say hello? why are you pissed at me?" xavier asked.

"i am not angry with you, xavier. leave me alone," wednesday replied.

the boy rolled his eyes. "whatever."

...

"hey, anderson's having a party later! you and xavier should totally come!" morgan told wednesday.

"i do not go to parties with boys," the noirette snapped back immediately.

morgan's eyes widened in realization. "oh, sorry. i didn't realize you were one of those virgin mary girls."

wednesday glared at the girl. "i am not a 'virgin mary' girl. i mean i do not attend with boys, especially ones that are strictly my friends."

morgan nodded with a i'll play it off cool smile. "so i'll see you there?"

"most likely not. if it cuts into my writing time, i will not attend. if it doesn't, it simply depends if i am dragged by my hair by enid," said wednesday.

morgan frowned. "oh, wow. i didn't know she did that. i'm sorry."

wednesday's dark eyes sparkled with amusement. "do not apologize, it is incredibly enjoyable. perhaps i can return her favor to me to you. you can experience it as well."

morgan shook her head.

wednesday found the fear in the girl's eyes delicious as she commented, "tell anderson to save a knife for me- or a gunshot if we are playing russian roulette."

morgan nodded and ran away in fear.

...

"hey, wednesday, are we going to anderson's party tonight?" xavier asked the girl after classes had ended for the day.

the noirette turned around to see the artist looking down at her. "there is no we, xavier. i am going alone. you are welcome to attend, i am sure, but we are not going as a couple."

the boy frowned. "why not? i know we're not official, but it could be fun, you know? to go together, but just as friends?"

wednesday stared at him. "no."

"so you're saying we can't go do anything together as friends?" xavier asked, anger and annoyance bubbling in his stomach.

that question annoyed wednesday. "i did not say that, xavier. i said you and i are not going to the party together."

the boy rolled his eyes. "okay, then. do you have plans on going with enid or someone else?"

"my plans do not concern you, xavier. stop throwing your anxiety about our friendship at me as if you control everything that i do," she growled under her breath.

xavier frowned. "i'm sorry. i guess i'll see you later then?"

wednesday did not reply, and simply walked away.

...

"enid, are you attending anderson's reckless teenage gathering tonight?" wednesday asked her roommate.

enid shrugged. "sorry, wednesday. i have other plans. besides, ajax is gonna be there, and i don't really wanna be at a party with him. it's only been a WEEK since our breakup."

the noirette stared at the blonde. "i am sure you would meet other eligible bachelors there."

"are you going?!" the werewolf asked.

wednesday frowned. "i am not sure. i would adore the chaos, but if xavier is there, it would be best to avoid him. he has been angsty and extra emotional lately."

enid shook her head. "oh, no, don't worry about xavier. he won't be there. he said something about having homework or something. that doesn't really make sense, though. i would not wanna be doing homework on a friday night."

"it is thursday, enid," wednesday reminded her friend.

enid frowned. "oh, huh. i guess the days are slipping away from me. i haven't been very perky or happy since me and ajax split up."

"nevertheless, you are still completely immersed in your love for him. i do believe it was rather foolish you broke off your relationship. you both obviously have extreme emotions for each other, and you are depressed without him in your life," wednesday retorted.

enid rolled her eyes. "that happens after every breakup, wednesday. it's normal."

"no, it is not. i was not depressed when xavier and i broke up for the first time. in fact, i dreamed of murdering him," wednesday said with a slight smile.

enid raised an eyebrow. "how are you and xavier?? has he asked you to be his girlfriend again yet?!"

"we are strictly friends, enid. leave my friendship with xavier alone. besides, he is far too emotional," wednesday muttered with disgust.

"whatever you say," enid said with a sly smirk.

...

"wednesday, welcome to the partyyy," morgan's voice slurred. she had already had too much to drink.

wednesday stared at the girl with the utmost intensity. "you are wasted, morgan. is everyone else here just as brainless as you tonight?"

the girl rolled her eyes. "we're all sober, wednesdayyy. see? even that guy over there!"

wednesday ignored the drunk's comment and walked away. to her surprise, not many of the students were wasted. there was not much alcohol in sight. morgan must've gotten drunk before she came.

"we're playing spin the bottle!" one girl told wednesday. "do you wanna join?!"

wednesday pondered the thought for a moment. it would not be betraying xavier, because they were not even a couple. 

"yes, i will clock in," she agreed.

the others were beyond excited- or nervous. wednesday, on the contrary, was at peace with herself. she needed something entertaining.

the bottle began to spin, and the circle of students began the game.

savonna got hudson.
hudson got emmy.
emmy got morgan.
morgan got ansel.
ansel got clyde.

and the names went on and on and on... until it got to anderson, the golden boy of the school. he had messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

anderson got wednesday,

and as soon as the bottle landed on the girl, xavier walked in the door. he'd decided to make an appearance.

the artist's jaw dropped as he saw wednesday get up and walk over to anderson and kiss him.

"wednesday, what the hell?!"