9. contradicting confrontation

wednesday briskly made her way to the boy dorms and slipped past the dorm fathers in silence. after sneaking through, she walked up to xavier and ajax's dorm and barged in, not waiting to knock.

"wednesday, what the hell are you doing?!" exclaimed ajax. "i could've been naked or-- or-- or showering!" 

wednesday shot him a frightful glare. "you are acting like a child, ajax, and your room is a pig pin. where is xavier?"

"he's-- he's not here right now!" ajax shouted. "just leave! he doesn't wanna talk to you anyways! you're a bitch!"

wednesday continued to glare at the gorgon. "your tells are as explicit as your expository language. call me a bitch again, and i will whirl you off the balcony."

"okay, what's going on?!" xavier exclaimed as he walked out of the bathroom. his hair was wet from the shower. "you're both acting like two-year-olds, and i don't even know what you're saying! i can tell just by the way you're shouting!"

wednesday stared the boy down. "i was not shouting. i was merely threatening your roommate for calling me a bitch."

xavier then turned to ajax and crossed his arms, looking at him in the utmost judgemental stance. "seriously, dude?!"

"she barged in here like it was her own room, xavier! what was i supposed to do? tell her she's welcome and that it's a totally normal thing to barge into other people's dorm rooms like that?!" ajax exclaimed.

xavier heaved out a tired sigh and glanced over at wednesday. "why did you come in here?"

wednesday glared at him and replied, "to confront you about your previous interaction with me this morning."

xavier shook his head and said, "what are you talking about? i didn't see you this morning. i literally left in the middle of class to go find you, and i looked everywhere. seriously, did you just disappear into thin air or something?"

"see, dude?" said ajax. "this is why you gotta stop having feelings for her. she's driving you nuts, dude. you left in the middle of class to go find her."

xavier rolled his eyes and shook his head again. he then looked at wednesday. "can we just talk about this in the morning?"

"only if it is before class," said wednesday. "i can't afford to miss any more history of outcast classes to go meet you in the middle of the woods in jericho."

"you went into jericho this morning?!" exclaimed xavier. "seriously, what the hell are you talking about, wednesday?!"

wednesday glared at him. "xavier, you were there in your nightshade's cloak. stop playing the part of the fool, and admit the truth."

"no i literally wasn't!" exclaimed xavier. "i was all over the school trying to find out where you--"

his sentence was interrupted by the door opening. "xavier, ajax, what is this girl doing in your dorm?" asked their dorm dad.

xavier sighed. "mr. fisher, it's not what you think. wednesday just came here to ask me a question. she wasn't trying to do anything bad or anything--" 

"save it for the principal, xavier," said mr. fisher. "i'm sure she'll want to see the three of you in the morning. now, you," he said, turning to wednesday, "you better come with me. i'll personally escort you away from these attrocious young scandals and will return you to the girl's dorms. i'm sure ms. venus will just be thrilled to know you left."

wednesday merely stared at mr. fisher and said, "xavier and ajax are not attrocious young scandals. they are both soft momma's boys who would never be caught in scandals. they are far too innocent."