࿏ 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙠𝙤 𝙭 𝙎𝙞𝙘𝙠!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 ࿏

(Requested by Naomi_2648)

(I spun the wheel to see what gender it should be, and it kept landing on genderneutral over and over again, so the reader is genderneutral)

(🍓)

———

I was helping Nene sweep the bathroom, when I could feel a few coughs threatening to escape my mouth. I've been sick for a week and I haven't gotten better, but my mom made me come to school anyway.

I've been trying to hide it well so I could help out Nene with the bathroom, help out Teru with student council stuff, give Akane advice on Aoi, and make a promise to Mitsuba that I would help him practice for his confession to Kou today.

I tried coughing into my sleeve to muffle the sound, but they noticed anyway.

"Are you okay, Y/n?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Nene."

"Ya sure about that? You don't look fine! You have eyebags, y'know. Have you been sleeping lately?"

"*Sniffle* Yeah. There's nothing wrong with me, okay?"

As I continued to sweep the floor, I sneezed.

"Aw, are you sick Y/n?"

"No...you're imagining things."

"What? Me and Yashiro just saw you sneeze!"

"Don't care. Shut up."

I sniffled again and continued sweeping the floor.

"Y/n come here real quick."

"Ugghh..."

I dropped the broom and walked over to Hanako. He floated down and put his left hand on my cheek while his right was feeling my forehead.

"Y/n, you have a fever. You can't be working like this!"

"What do you mean, I've BEEN working like this."

"What? How long have you been sick Y/n, tell me the truth."

"...A week."

"A WEEK?!" They both said, in unison.

"You've been hiding your sickness for a week?! You should be resting, not working!"

"But I have stuff to do, I promised Mitsuba that I-"

"It can wait."

"No it can't, I promised him."

"Y/n. Stop."

"No Hanako, I made a promise and I'm going to keep it. The promise is important to Mitsuba, and if it's important to him then it's important to me."

I walked past Nene and out of the bathroom to help Mitsuba. I felt a little dizzy, but I ignored it.

———

I finished practicing with Mitsuba, and I watched him confess to Kou from a far distance. I then started to cough, and I felt really dizzy. I couldn't think straight, and I felt my legs give out from under me. But before I could hit the ground I felt someone catch me, and then I blacked out.

I woke up in the infirmary, laying on a bed. I tried to get up, but someone's arms were tightly grabbing my hips. I looked over to see it was Hanako. Still feeling a bit tired, I snuggled up against him and I felt a soft pair of lips on my cheek. Even though Hanako is cold, being with him makes me feel warm and safe.

"Y/n...don't work while you're sick next time, okay? It's not healthy. I could always take care of you y'know!"

"Thanks Hanako, but you don't have to take care of me."

"I'm telling you that you can come to me when you're sick because I want to take care of you! I wouldn't be saying that if I wasn't willing to take care of you!"

"Hehe, thank you so much Hanako. What would I do without you?"

"Aw, you're so nice to me, Y/n! Thank yoooouuuu~"

"You're most definitely welcome, my good sir. You deserve it."

"I wish everyone was like you..."

———

END.

bloop