What are you reading, Nes?

The wooden door of the shack burst open and fell off its hinges. The footsteps echoed across the walls of the old house as a figure stepped inside. The golden light from the lanterns on the street illuminated his body, but left his face in utter darkness. His broad shoulders filled the space, and beyond them Persephone caught a glimpse of his white feathered wings.

Nesta bit her lip as she read the lines in her newest book titled; Union of Souls. A striking story about a Death God falling in love with a mortal girl and making her his wife and Queen.

She let the book fall on her chest, barely covered by her thin nightgown as she turned her head to look at her own husband; her mate; her Lord of Bloodshed.

Cassian’s dark hair was gathered in a messy bun, his hazel eyes narrowed behind his wired silver glasses she hadn’t known he needed, while he read a stack of reports in their bed. Nesta’s eyes trailed his nude body, tanned and covered in scars, his giant wings gleaming ebony in the soft firelight of their bedroom.

She watched as a smile slowly appeared on his face, “What are you reading, Nes?”

Nesta felt herself blush, as she gently set her volume on the nightstand and turned fully to face Cassian. She rested a gentle hand on his stomach.

“Just a romance book,” she said, “for our Valkyrie book club. Gwyn recommended it, actually. She and Azriel have been acting out naughty scenes from the book apparently, it’s the reason they randomly disappear from training.”

Cassian let out a soft laugh as Nesta’s hand trailed lower on his body, he was utterly naked beneath the sheets covering them. Nesta sighed softly as she wrapped her hand around his length; hard and massive, his desire driving her own.

He looked over at her, his eyes traveling from her heated cheeks to the rise and fall of her breasts, his gaze darkening with desire as she pumped him.

“Gods.” he whispered, the reports falling from his fingers as he shot out a hand that encircled hers, not pulling her away but rather guiding their hands together over his hardness, “Gods bless the author of those naughty books you read. They make my life so much more interesting.”

Nesta let out a seductive laugh and licked her lip as she watched his warrior body writhe on their bed, the sheets sliding down his powerful thighs, his cock glistening where their entwined hands touched it.

“Nes.” he rasped as his hands reached for her. Cassian pushed her onto her back, his hands warm and familiar on her body as they trailed from her shoulders down her collarbones and the curves of her breasts. She moaned, her back arching.

“Please,” she begged him, “please, Cassian. It has been so long.”

And it had been. He had left for the Illyrian Mountains after a disruptive meeting in Rhys’ house, and she had been too busy with her Valkyrie training to join him. She had missed him so much.

“Oh,” she gasped as he guided himself inside of her, she was wet and warm, ready for him. “Cassian, please.”

Nesta always had been wild, where Cassian was concerned, but the combination of the bond between them and his absence drove her even wilder with desire.

Cassian gathered her wrists in his hand above her head and he drove into her. The headboard crashed against the wall with every thrust, but Nesta could not find it in herself to care.

“That’s it, Nes.” Cassian gasped, “Be a good girl and open those legs for me.”

She blushed at his words, but she was a good girl and did as he commanded. Cassian leaned down and took her mouth in his. Their kiss was so searing and so loving that it made Nesta clench around him as she came. Her back arched off the bed even with her hands restrained in his grip.

Cassian lost no time in guiding her onto her stomach. Before she was able to catch her breath, she felt his enormous body and his powerful wings on top of her. He gently moved her long hair to one side, and leaned down to kiss her spine as he entered her again.

Nesta let out a cry, more sensitive after her first orgasm. But Cassian's panting in her ear was a familiar melody that she cherished, so she found herself grinding against him, moving against him, even if she was restrained beneath his huge body.

Cassian’s grip on her hair tightened momentarily, and she heard him groan as he spilled inside of her. Nesta let out a satisfied sigh at the familiar feeling of his coming inside her body.

Cassian fell onto the bed next to her, and Nesta was able to turn her head to look at him. His glasses had been knocked askew on his face. His cheeks were heated and his lips swollen from their kissing.

“I love you.” She said.

Cassian pulled her against him, she laid her head on his chest while he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I love you, sweetheart.” Cassian murmured.

Author’s note:
Curious to see what Nesta had been reading? Check out Union of Souls on my Wattpad page!