Chapter 2 - "Yes, isn't he gorgeous?"

Jules bounced towards Ty, an excited gleam in her eyes. "I got my top three!"

"That was fast. It's only been an hour and a half," Ty said. She kept her eyes on the lounge, any more acknowledgment from her would only heighten Jules' energy.

"Have you seen this crowd?" Jules asked. "I don't need any more time."

"I'm looking," Ty said.

An hour into the party and everyone was already feeling lost. There was a sizable crowd that hadn't left the dance floor since the first song. Anyone who wasn't dancing had spread out along the tables and couches, to sip and eat to their heart's content.

She was already predicting cutting the group off from the alcohol early and calling in a few extra crew members at the end of the night to guarantee everyone made it back to their rooms.

"They are all good-looking and loaded," Jules said. "I overheard a few guys talking about stocks and bonds."

"Who are the lucky three?" Ty asked.

Jules subtly pointed out her runner-ups. One on the dance floor and one by the bar. Ty thought their expensive jackets and haircuts were their most attractive features.

"Who claimed first place?" Ty asked.

"He's just over your right shoulder," Jules said. Her eyes paused for a moment as she scanned the area over Ty's shoulder. "He is perfection! The only flaw," her face fell a little, "he seems to have his eyes set on you."

"He probably just wants another drink," Ty reassured her. She casually shifted her position to look over her shoulder. She found Hudson. He was lounging on a couch with two girls, his eyes on Ty. She held his look for a moment before turning back to Jules. "The guy on the red couch?" she asked.

"Yes, isn't he gorgeous?" Jules said.

"He's mine," Ty said.

Jules' eyes went big and she gripped Ty's arms excitedly. "What is this? Someone has caught your attention?"

"Don't act so surprised."

"Surprised? I'm amazed!"

Ty rolled her eyes. "It's happened before."

"Six months ago!"

"What about Nate?"

"You said he was cute and that was the last I heard about it."

"I thought Anthony was cute too."

"Stating a thought and doing nothing about it doesn't count."

"I think it does," Ty said, extracting herself from Jules's firm grip.

"Is that what you are doing now?" Jules asked, her eyes narrowing."Because if you aren't going to do anything about it, then you can't claim him."

"Who says something hasn't already happened?"

The comment was too much for Jules. Her small body couldn't contain her excitement and she began to bounce "Ty Ann Bennett what are you saying?!"

"That's not my middle name," Ty said flatly.

"Ty." Jules fixed her with a threatening look.

"Jules," Ty said lazily.

"You can't do that! You can't drop a bomb like that then walk away."

"Oh, but I can, and I will." Ty gave her a sly smile.

Riling Jules up was too easy and so entertaining. She went to leave, but Jules grabbed her wrist.