002

"Did you really make me skip lesson so you could shop for a new bed sheet?" Beomgyu runs his fingers along one of the mattresses where the store separates from beds to sheets, disappointed but not surprised at the things Yeonjun deems a necessity.

Yeonjun looks over his shoulder at him, eyelids lazing drooling as he sighs. It's his 'shut up and wait' expression that he gives Beomgyu all the time when the latter jumps the gun, and it piques his interest.

He cocks an eyebrow and walks over to Yeonjun, trying to get a grasp of what this is about if it's not about new bed covers.

"You know, if you told me, I'd actually be able to help," he says matter-of-factly but he's never been more wrong, he's next to useless for what Yeonjun is searching for. Unless he somehow discovers how to differentiate colours, that is.

Yeonjun ignores him, walking away and finally spots what he's looking for. It isn't important for it to be the colour he wants to talk about but to him it is, so he picks this one out of the many silk sheets around him.

"Did you know purple used to be a really expensive colour?" His fingers reach out for the silky material, running his hands down the flowy fabric that feels rich under his fingers. Beomgyu joins his side curiously, staring to where Yeonjun holds onto the sheet. His fingers instinctively go out to copy him, clutching the other side.

They probably look like a couple to other customers in the store, one that's trying to find the perfect sheet for their newly shared bed. They might think Yeonjun's way of convincing the latter is telling him some useless fact he doesn't need.

Beomgyu knows there's a reason now, can't help but look at the silky material in awe despite not knowing what it's about yet.

Yeonjun's hand frees the sheet unlike Beomgyu who gently clutches onto it closely, the same way he does Yeonjun's arm when he's trying not to lose him in a crowded room. His eyes are big and puppy-like with intrigue, deserving of the backstory Yeonjun has for him.

"The extraction they did to make the dye was a difficult process... They needed snails from underwater and would have to gather its mucus, exposing it to the sun for a very specific amount of time for the perfect colour." Yeonjun looks back at the material and briefly grabs onto it again.

"Because of this it was a very pricey dye and mainly only the royals could afford it." He lets the sheet slip out of his and turns his attention back to Beomgyu who's amazed at the information he's learning.

He always has loved learning new things, born with such curiosity it's hard for him not to.

"That's why it's seen as a colour of royalty and luxury."

"Woah, that's so cool, Hyung." He looks impressed with his eyebrows raised and his mouth in a little circle of amazement.

"And feel the sheet in your hand... Silks what purple feels like: rich, soft, inviting."

He's indoctrinated, letting his fingers slip past the thin material that's so smooth past his fingers, it feels so clean, fresh-and like Yeonjun said, rich.

He suddenly wants to buy it so every time he sleeps in his bed, he's reminded that the comfortable sheets he sleeps on are purple.

"Can I buy it?" His eyes are filled with hope when he turns to Beomgyu, and Yeonjun isn't about to tell him no-it's not even his place to, but if it was, he'd give him it in a heartbeat when he looks so hopeful.

Yeonjun laughs and nods at him once. "Do whatever you like, Gyu." Then he adds, "but be quick, there's other things associated with purple that I want to show you."