deux

"wake up already, sungie! you're late for the rehearsals!"

jisung groaned as he opened his eyes, his ears tuning to listen to his roommate, jaemin's sweet voice. he felt the older's warm hand poking at his sides to wake him up as jaemin was slowly getting even more and more annoyed, but he was reluctant to wake up anyways.

there were pretty much two reasons why, and jisung would rather delay waking himself up to get himself into a sicheng situation. one, he clearly was unmotivated to wake up and start the day.

what was the point of trying when you could not succeed in the one pursuit everyone was yearning for you to succeed in flying colours? he was not fit for being passed down the strad that his gifted senior handed over to him, hell, he was not fit to play for a whole orchestra with hundreds of strings, let alone be part of the second row.

the slowly growing feeling of hopelessness consumed jisung completely, caving down on his mind as he just wanted to flop back to his head and never wake up.

the second reason was...he was in love.

in love with his roommate.

the boy had fallen hard for jaemin ever since he moved in with the older a year ago, and even though it was painfully obvious to anyone watching them, jaemin merely considered it platonic as they usually share a lot of skinship together.

that might sound alright with no context whatsoever, but jisung was way too late to confess as he found out that jaemin was in a relationship with a young jazz pianist named chenle.

it was a hard pill to swallow for jisung as he went with a few sleepless nights as he became even more reserved with his feelings, in a hopeless effort to pull his feelings together and never show it out ever again.

unfortunately enough, that brick wall of stoicism he built up over the course of a year materialized into dust the instant he listened to that saxophonist talk shit about him. the saxophonist was not wrong, what he said was quite true, but what was worse was that his friend decided to join in to defend him.

jisung pulled back his feelings as he listened to renjun's small but direct apology, but he couldn't help but melt at that. no one really complimented him on his playing, and even if it was just an endeavour to make him feel better after breaking his heart, unbound happiness still bubbled up inside him.

"wake up you little sleepyhead— wait, are you smiling?! oh god, just wake the fuck up already!" jaemin snapped as he hit a pillow on jisung numerous times until the younger gave up and pretended to wake up from a long slumber.

jisung let out a small yawn as he rubbed his eyes like a little toddler, his baby face showing a pout as he glanced at jaemin innocuously, yet his deep morning voice says otherwise. "n-nana...don't want to..." he groaned and sighed, not ready to start the day.

"for goodness' sake, sungie, you're almost about to be late! do you really want to get even more scoldings from that wretched fucker?" jaemin clicked his tongue, pulling his blankets off to fold them neatly. "aish, you're still a little baby when it comes to stuff like this..."

jisung let out a heavy sigh as he buried his face on to jaemin's neck. it was way too early in the morning to get yelled at today. "nana...why does everyone...hate me...?" jisung spoke out, his voice muffled yet had a tone of annoyance.

"who told you that, sungie? no one hates you, okay? those assholes who hate you are just stupid. don't let their words get to you, please..." jaemin ruffled his hair as he beamed, and almost immediately, jisung pulled away reluctantly, sighing in annoyance. jaemin knew his words would affect the younger almost immediately.