douze

jisung opened his eyes as the light blinded his vision, murmurs of a voice so rarely silent was heard in the distance. letting out a groan, he moved his head to the source of the familiar voice that he knew all too well, dread pooling up in his heart as memories of last night hit him like a truck.

and just as he expected, it was chenle, all distant and outright frustrated over who knows what. hearing the noise, chenle swiftly turned his head to jisung, his expression turned to concerned yet dismissive. he immediately approached the younger, querying him about his condition in a tired and muted voice. "are you alright...? i saw you unconscious when i was calling you for dinner. nana's out to buy medicines because you have a fever."

words caught up in jisung's throat as he coughed out a yes, his fingers fidgeting in order to cope with the inevitable thunderclap of a news that was about to hit him. his head drooped down as thoughts piled on top of each other, wondering what would jaemin's reaction be after he practically berated his fiance out of jealousy from an unrequited infatuation. knowing that he cannot ever look at jaemin in anyway as the older must loathe him bitterly, jisung doubled down on his previously interrupted decision to leave and never come back.

"i asked you a fucking question," chenle spat out as frustration took over his voice, his glare almost boring holes on the younger's skin. jisung immediately flinched, unable to speak a single word as he was on the verge of tears. seeing that he was not even going to respond, chenle waved it off, as he turned to walk away so as to give the younger some space. "whatever."

and as chenle expected, jisung grabbed his hand in a vice-like grip, not wanting to let him go. even if jisung had no such thing as emotional strength, at least his physical strength could be of some use.

"lele, please..." jisung choked out, finally letting out the tears he was trying to hold in. "i-i'm so sorry for that...i didn't know what was going in my head that made me say such stuff like that. i...promise, i'm not going to disturb you or nana ever again...i know i'm just being a problem...i'll find somewhere else to live, i'm sorry..."

chenle merely raised an eyebrow at what the hell was the younger going on about, until jisung broke down as he sobbed silently, his grip on his hand weakening gradually. realization hit chenle as he let whatever jisung said sink in, before letting out a subtle smile as he pretty much did nothing at all— those were mere empty threats, he did not say a single word to jaemin because he knew jisung would probably do something extremely self-deprecating and he did not want whatever relationship they had to break instantly.

"is that why there's clothes all over the damn floor? i didn't even fucking say anything," chenle spat out, trying his best to sound annoyed by his breakdown despite feeling sorry for the younger. "god, you're so—"

before chenle could say anything more, jisung jumped from the bed and hugged him tightly, sobbing loudly as he did. startled, chenle froze as his nape was soaked from his tears, staying stoic about the whole situation. as silence grew in the air, he let him cry it all out, reminiscent of how jaemin comforted him during his lows. the younger's grip was maybe a bit too much for him to handle as it was suffocating him, yet he waited patiently for him to let it all out.

"i-i'm...s-sorry..." jisung merely spoke out as he cried his heart out until he felt tingles on his face, his frame almost about to fall down unconscious any second. "f-for...everything..."

"a-alright now, let me go, nana's here..." chenle choked out as he heard the noise of the door opening, and almost immediately, he noticed the younger held his sobs once again, falling silent as he weakly let go of him. without saying a single word, jisung's wobbling frame stumbled to his room, his vision phasing in and out, ignoring the older's calls as he locked himself inside his room, collapsing barely after he was in his room.