seize

head downcast, renjun walked grumpily with wobbling steps, his pace feverish and he looked as if he was about to drop everything and run for his life to another country in an instant. stealing glances at his surroundings, he tried looking for his best friend but he couldn't even get a trace of the man anywhere. 

renjun scoffed and groaned inwardly as he felt the same blanket of warmth he felt yesterday, walking on the tightrope between oddly comforting and genuinely suffocating him. rolling his eyes at what seemingly is nothing, he speedwalked and eventually his pace grew feverish enough to take to his heels.

finding a storage room, renjun slammed the door as he barged himself inside, a few boxes of resin falling over as it practically closed the door for him. flopping down on his knees, he spat out, now frustrated that he couldn't even go for his rehearsals. "what the fuck do you want this time?"

"sheesh, what did i even do?" a form materialised from thin air as jisung's not-so-familiar voice reverberated across the dingy walls of the storage room. reaching out his half-materialised hand towards renjun, a feather touch as warm as an overheating laptop drew goosebumps across the pianist's skin. "don't frown so much, bae, you'll get wrinkles on your pretty face."

"fuck off, at least let me practice unlike your lazy possessed ass," renjun hissed, not even caring that he was spitting verbal venom at a fucking reincarnation of lucifer himself. "i have a job, i have a life, and i have goals in that small little life i have, so please let me live for fuck's sake."

"ah, good thing you reminded me of that," jisung chuckled as he gave the older a lopsided grin, something renjun would have considered adorable if the younger were a goddamn normal human instead of whatever he is right now. "i'd like to offer you a deal. it's both helpful for me and for you, and i'm not going to force you into doing anything else."

renjun was about to curse jisung out again until he heard the word 'deal'. raising an eyebrow at the devil, he looked down at his sheet music, skimming through the horrendously extreme notes rachmaninoff loved to play for god knows what reason. "what do you mean 'a deal'? what is there than i can possibly give you anyways?" he spoke, half-sarcastically.

"well..." jisung trailed off as he floated on top of the boxes that weren't damaged by the slammed door, snapping his fingers which somehow made his violin snap into existence, startling the older. "being the devil has its perks, such as, playing the violin perfectly without practice..."

"i can let my soul come back into this world if that's what you truly want, but i'm afraid that it comes with a price", the being grabbed renjun's jaw and jolted him upwards to meet his own eyes. 

"and that price is you."

renjun hitched his breath as he glared at jisung in a cross of anger and confusion, now confused on what the hell he meant by him as a 'price' to pay to revive his poor violinist companion from this hellish being now looking at him like he's his last meal. groaning as a few explanations raced through his head, now sighing and scoffing, rolling his eyes sassily at the demon. "there's no fucking way i'll die to get that loser back. i'm not sacrificing myself for this. and moreover, i don't want to make my cousin weep over me being in hell for no reason whatsoever so get that idea outta your stupid head."

"you're quite the brave one, hmm," jisung let out a small chuckle, amused by the smaller's antics. he nodded a clear no as he softened his grip on the older's jaw. "nah, i don't want you to die to get my soul back. but rather, it's something we've tried before, and i am going to presume you know clearly well what we did."