sept

it was pretty much satisfying to hear that renjun did not have to stop his practice just because of a day off. as the master violinist heifetz said, "skip practice for one day, you know it. two days, the critics know it. three days, the public knows it."

he packed up his sheet music, his frame brimming with excitement as he happily opened the door, only to reveal yangyang who was about to knock. all that happiness faded into a suspicious frown, confused on why the hell was he here.

"i was about to ask you out," yangyang grinned, his expression a cross of mischief and innocence. "it has been a while since we went out together, you've been busy with your orchestra and shit, and you only talk to me, for like 10 minutes after the rehearsals."

renjun let out a sigh as he pacified himself, not wanting to hurt his best friend's feelings even though he had his routine planned in his mind. "i'm sorry, yang, i have to go for practice, sungie's living in the same dorms as my cousin's fiance, and they have a piano there. i promise, after this orchestra, we'll go out more."

"you're suddenly so poignant and polite to me," yangyang snided, raising an eyebrow as an obvious smirk curled his lips. "looks like someone's rubbing off of that violinist's personality. and also, 'sungie'? you both have nicknames for each other, already?"

"shut up, i just didn't want your dumbass to be emo while i'm away which i clearly know will happen," renjun retorted, his face flustered in a vivid crimson. "a-and no, we're just acquaintances! that's what my cousin's fiance calls him, so i just went with it, nothing else."

"sure, sure," yangyang chuckled, clearly not buying whatever he alleged. "and does he have a nickname for you too, hmm?"

"unlike what your dumbass is thinking, no, he doesn't have anything like that because we are clearly not a couple!" renjun glared at yangyang, mentally facepalming at what he was hinting. "and besides, it's just a fucking nickname! it doesn't mean shit!"

"alright now, bae, you'll explode if i anger you more," yangyang chuckled as he caressed renjun's shoulder in an effort to calm down but that only did the exact opposite. "anyways, i'll drop you there. wouldn't want you walking and collapsing halfway."

renjun fell silent as he felt like he wanted to punch yangyang in the face for being so stupid and flirtatious, yet pacified himself as he really wanted to reach there as fast as possible. with nothing but a small nod of affirmation, the two walked over to yangyang's car.

🌪

"that's his dorms?! and i thought he was a college student, holy shit, that's expensive!"

renjun rolled his eyes as he glanced disapprovingly at how yangyang was gazing at the towering apartment that was apparently a 5 minute ride from his place— something renjun could have endured while walking. "yeah, of course, what else do you expect from johnny-hyung's apprentice?"

"geez, i was just mentioning it," yangyang chided unamusingly as he let out a nervous laugh. "anyways, go inside. i'll be going, i have to go work my shift."

the two bid farewells as yangyang left the place, leaving renjun alone who was panicking on the inside on where exactly jisung lives in. slowly walking upstairs, he noticed a door that had been absolutely obliterated by some absolute redhead for sure, which made his inner panic grow exponentially as he wondered what kind of lunatic neighbourhood he set foot in.

renjun couldn't help but peep through the hole the door had as it was quite huge, only to see chenle's piano propped up on the stand along with the mess of wires on the ground. looking at the pale mint coloured walls, he could see pictures of his cousin and his fiance looking all lovey-dovey— yup, this was definitely their house, but who the fuck destroyed their door?