Ch. 3 Trauma

2 days later

Mayas POV

"Okay maya, today we're going to try with men okay?" My therapist, violet says trying her best to comfort me.

I nod and she smiles softly.

"If at any point you are uncomfortable or you are on edge, take a deep breath. If you cannot get through it you let us know and we will get him out of here as fast as possible."

Once again I nod and she sighs.

"Is it okay if it's Andrew? Or do you want someone else?" She asks and I shrug.

I'm too drained to speak. She nods and in comes carina, shortly after is Andrew.

"Just tell me soldier. I can make this painless." The Iraqi soldier persuades, dragging his knife down my body. I'm in a bra and underwear, tied to a table with a hose hanging from the ceiling.

Waterboarding. My favorite.

I shake my head and he forces my jaw open and they cover my face with a towel. There 2 of them, plus the one running the water.

"I wish I didn't have to.. but I love it." He growls out lowly and I prepare myself.

They start the water and instantly I feel like I'm drowning. I begin thrashing around, trying my best to stay calm.

Think of anything else. Anything.

"Maya!" I hear carina yell excitedly.

"What's up buttercup?" I ask smiling walking over and hugging her tight. I've always had a crush on the tall Italian but Andrew would kill me.

After she lets go, Andrew walks over from beside her. "What's up bishop?" He asks hugging me tight, as carina did.

"Just enjoying my time off." I say wiping my forehead exhaustedly.

They both laugh and roll their eyes. Andrew grabs my bags and we all walk to carinas car. She takes us home where my dog is waiting.

"Ruger!!" I shout running in with my arms wide open. My beautiful Belgian Malinois runs to me and hops all around, whining as he does so.

"Oh my Ru-Ru I have missed you sweet boyyy" I say rubbing his face all over excitedly.

"He has enjoyed cuddling with aunt Carina while you've been away." Carina says slyly and Andrew laughs. "He enjoys uncle Andrew more." He gloats smiling and I roll my eyes.

"He enjoys you both the same amount." I say shaking my head and they both give a small laugh.

I feel a strong punch to my stomach and I puke up all the water I've ingested.

"P-please. Please no more." I whisper gasping for air.

"You were out for a good two minutes!! Strong soldier." The one Iraqi soldier mocks. We call him brow. His eyebrows are connected in the middle and they won't say their actual names.

They end their torture and I am taken to my cage, next to Katie. She was in another platoon that was captured about a week before mine.

"Brow really did me in. He's still looking for the location of our main base." I whisper quietly and she nods. "He was grilling me about it yesterday. He used the pliers." She says holding her hand up to show her 3 missing finger nails.

I wince and look away in pain. "Luckily he only boarded me." I whispered back and she nods. "His torture really just depends on his mood." She says laughing and I feel someone smack my back through the cage with a whip.

"SILENCE!!" The big man behind me screams and I wince and nod.

"Maya!!!" Carina says holding my face in her hands.

I snap out of it and I look around, I'm crowded in the corner by the heart monitor as I was a few days ago. Everyone is staring at me shocked and Andrew is no where to be seen.

"Bambina, it's all okay. He's gone." She whispers and I nod.

"I-I don't remember what I did." I whisper and she nods. "Can everyone leave except for you and jo?" I ask cocking my head and she nods. "Everyone out." She says turning around, of course jo stays, having heard me exclude her.

I stay in the corner for a bit before carina helps me stand and walk to bed.

"Wh-what'd I do?"

"Are you okay to hear this?"

I nod and she nods back.

"Well andrew walked in and your eyes got really big and you had panic written all over your face and then all of a sudden you flew to the corner and huddled over and rocked yourself back and forth crying while whispering to yourself. We've been trying to snap you out of it for at least 20 minutes." Carina says with jo nodding and I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"You're traumatized bambina. You went through something and you are scarred emotionally from it."

I nod and jo says her goodbyes before walking out of the room.

"Do you want me to stay or do you want to be alone?" Carina asks turning her head, grabbing my hand gently and I sigh.

"C-can you stay with me?" I ask preparing to be hit.

"Of course I can." She whispers gently rubbing the top of my hand with her thumb and I can almost feel myself melt in her touch.

Why didn't we work out again?

"Maya, I swear to God, you don't see how she stares at you." Andy says giggling like a schoolgirl.

"She doesn't stare at me any type of way. If you don't quit I'm taking Ru and we're going elsewhere." I say rolling my eyes grabbing a very little ruger.

"Okay okayyy chill." Andy says grabbing my arm and in walks carina.

"What are you two up to?" She asks sitting down on Andy's couch next to me and Andy stands and walks to the kitchen. 

"We we're just sitting around talking. Where's Andrew?" I ask cocking my head looking into her eyes.

Her beautiful brown eyes. It's almost like she can hear my thoughts. She smiles softly and I feel myself melt.

"He is at school, studying. He told me to go ahead and come over and that he'd meet us here. Is it okay if I stay tonight? I'm looking to drink a bit."

I nod with a goofy smile plastered across my face and she returns it.

"Let's crack this baby open" Andy says walking in with a glass of wine.

"Maya, it's time to take your medicine." Carina says shaking me from my trance.

AHHHHH I'm rewatching private practice:)

QOTD
Did y'all watch Private Practice?