Part 1: arrange marriage with an old man

The rain began to pour outside, birds chirping and wind blowing. She looked at the window thinking ways to escape this arranged marriage that her family planned. Just 6 months ago, Jane was happy laughing and playing with her boyfriend but now, she feels trapped to a marriage she's not supposed to have.

"Jane, are you sure you're not going to regret it?" Jane scoffed quietly. Her step sister Mikaela is supposed to be the one to get married to the old man of Herman family.

"Do I have any other choice?" 

"well, just love him. They said he's a good man. Who knows, he will die immediately and you will be free? Besides, he's rich."

Mikaela softly held Jane's shoulder and smirk. "Don't worry. I'll take care of the family and by the way...have I mentioned to you that Dave has been contacting me for the past month?"

She straightened her back but lowered her head. She wanted to cry but there was no tear. It was all pain. She and Dave has been planning their wedding since she finished their master's degree. If she knew she will end up marrying a person she never met, she would have agreed with Dave getting married after they finish college but she wasn't ready at the time. 

"Is it? Well, what can I say?"

"I hope you're not mad." She is. Jane doesn't understand why Dave have to contact her sister and Mikaela entertaining him knowing he was a former boyfriend.

"I'm getting married soon and I don't have any reason to get mad. We're done." She lied.

Their conversation stopped when somebody knocked on the door.

"Ms. Jane, Master would like to meet you first." The assistant of his husband to be looked at Mikaela. "Alone." Mikaela smiled happily to her and immediately went out of the room.

 She sit at the couch after the assistant instruct her. There's only two hours before the wedding ceremony and she was nervous. Who won't? She never met the old man and never thought in her lifetime she will wed with a 80-year old rich man. She get her phone to check her messages. All are messages congratulating her. From friends to relatives to her colleagues. She opened her social media but wished she never did. There was a photo of Dave and Mikaela looking at each other happily. She dropped her phone on the coffee table.

"You looked unhappy.." Jane was startled as she didn't realize there was someone behind her.

"Can I sit?" It wasn't really a question. He sit right away next to her. "Are you ready?" She nodded and forced a smile. Jane felt intimidated as the man looked at her as if observing her. The man leaned on the couch and smile. Jane startled again when he leaned forward and held her chin. "Let me look at my bride..." 

Jane removed herself from the man's touch. "What are you saying? My husband is an old man from the Hermans." He laughed heartily.

"Sorry, I haven't introduce myself. I'm Caleb Herman and I am your husband."

Jane felt her world stopped. Caleb Herman is the most influential man in Sky City. He was never seen by the media. No pictures, photoshoots, interviews. He is a mystery to many but one thing is for sure, he's a very successful man.

"Don't be surprised! I meant to hide my identity with your family since they wanted to sell you."

Jane doesn't know how many revelations she will receive today. Her family is awful to her ever since but selling her to a stranger?

"Your sister is supposed to be the one I will get married to but when they heard I am an old, crippled guy, they backed up and threw you at me. Jane, I hate people who are judgmental and greedy." 

This time, Caleb held her hand. "Don't worry, I will take care of you." He smiled at her and she felt relieved. He stood up and pulled her. "It's time..." He said.

Jane looks at him. She can't believe she's standing next to Caleb Herman. Dignified and full of assurance. Not only is he successful but good looking as well. 

Caleb held her hand and everyone gasped. 

"who is this man?"

"Isn't she going to marry the old man from the Hermans?"

The whole place was filled with gasping and astonishment as the wedding went on. The revelation that Jane's husband is Caleb Herman sent everyone to chaos. Mikaela gritted her teeth.

"Caleb Herman could have been mine!" She told herself.

The wedding ended with a great celebration. It was the first time people have seen the mogul. There was envy, jealousy, and happiness. 

Jane felt relieved when she realized Mikaela is looking at her with contempt. Her step-mother and Mikaela pulled her when she left the comfort room.

"Jane, did you know who he is?" Her auntie Isabel looked distressed while Mikaela looked angry.

"I did not, I just met him today." Isabel scoffed at her. "Mikaela should have been his wife!" She screamed at her softly. Mikaela held her mother's arms. "Mom, there's so many people here and dad is looking for us." Mikaela didn't move and let her mother walk to her dad and the crowd. 

"He met you earlier, right? What did he say? Do you have any agreement in marriage? Contract?"

"Agreement? None." Jane keeps her silence after.

When her mom introduced the arranged marriage to Mikaela, she received a drafted agreement regarding her marriage with 'an old man' from the Hermans. According to the assistant, her husband-to-be was an 80-year old man, rich and in need of a wife. She has to carry a child immediately but will get divorce after she conceives the child. Apart from the allowance every month that they promised, nothing is good in that agreement. And now, there was no agreement between Caleb and Jane! She wanted to burst in anger.

"O, there's my wife!" Mikaela stopped thinking after she heard a man's voice. She stops on her tracks when she looks at the man.

Caleb walks forward and reaches out for Jane and pulls her in his arms. This sight made Mikaela angrier.

"I think we should go." He smiled at her and kissed her temples. It brought her a surprise. She smiled unknowingly. "Is this your sister?"

Mikaela smiled as if all the anger faded. "Mr. Caleb, I'm Mikaela. I'm supposed to be your --"

"Okay! We need to go now. We have a flight." Caleb still holding Jane in his arms walked through the door but stopped abruptly when Mikaela stopped him.

"May I know where you are going?"

Caleb did not respond but only looked at her hands holding her arms. Bodie, his assistant, was startled and removed her hands. 

"I'm sorry!"

When Bodie sees that his boss and his wife are gone, he talks to the woman.

"Aren't you Madame's sister?" Mikaela hated when she heard him call Jane 'Madame'.

"The master doesn't like people holding him. Please be cautious next time."

She wanted to scream and throw things at everyone because of her failure. 

"I'm Caleb's rightful wife! And in due time, he will me mine." She smiled at the thought.