Part 2: The heir

Caleb placed her phone to the side table but his eyes are not leaving her. He smiled bitterly. He knows he doesn't own her heart but he's willing to take the risk. He never wanted to get married but with her? He's contented even though he's not the one in her heart.

He reached out to touch her jaw. It was tender, delicate. He smiled at the thought of the past.

The woman next to him began to move and opened her eyes. She seemed shocked at the sight of him. Blushed.

"You slept pretty well."

Jane immediately sat and lower her gaze. After a month of their wedding, he was not able to spend time with his wife because of work. She never asked.

"when did you came back home?" She said.

'Home?' It was a nice word to hear. She's his home. 

"Just this morning."

"Uhm...you want coffee?" Jane did not let him response but she quickly move out of the bed they're sharing. "wait! Can you stay? Let's talk." 

Jane doesn't know what to feel. Just yesterday, she feels relaxed but now, nervousness is creeping out of her body. They've been living together for a month now but it's rare to see him. He's always busy with his work and he keeps on talking to a woman on the phone every night. At the first week of their marriage, Jane decided that this is her life now. A husband in paper and a lonely household but this is better compared to her relationship with her own family.

"Is there any problem?" She sat next to him but there's a great distance between them. Caleb looked at that space and moved closer to her and if someone enters the room, they would thought, they're intimate. 

"Well, I guess It's really a problem. I'm sorry, I've been busy since our wedding."

Caleb stand up and pick up a document then sit again next to her.

"This is an agreement for us..."

'Agreement? Is this what Mikaela talked about?' She thought. She open the document and there it is. They will stay married for at least two years. She need to carry his child and after that, she will leave the custody of the child to him. Visitations for her. She frowned.

"You want me to give to you my child?" 

"Yes. You can visit him daily."

She was disappointed. She thought they will stay married just for the sake of building a family even though they don't love each other and certainly, she doesn't want her child to live in such environment. She tried to argue with him but who is she? He's a very influential person. She only works as a professor.

At the end of the day, she agreed to him. 

....

Jane woke up because of the noise coming the outside. She looked at the wall clock and frowned. It's late and she guessed it was Caleb. He told her he has a convention and party to attend so he will go home late what she didn't expect is he's with another woman.

"Mrs. Herman, right?" The woman removed Caleb from her shoulders and let him sit on the couch. She reached out for her hand and Jane responded. "We came from a party and he got drunk. I'm supposed to just get him a room in my hotel..." 

Jane keep her peace. She's still Caleb's wife and they have an agreement they there will never be another person in their relationship but it seems different now. 

'Who is she? Is he the woman who he keeps on talking to at the phone?' There was bitterness in her heart. Every time she hears him, he seems gentle and loving. With her? Sometimes he's sweet, sometimes he's cold.

"oh! let me get some towel to wash him." Before the woman moves Jane stopped her. 

"It's fine. I'll do it since I'm his wife." The woman smile at her.

"OK! So, I'll go ahead."

Jane is about to call the butler to help her with Caleb but she stopped when Caleb pulled her.

"Oh here's my wife.." 

Jane startled when he wrapped his arms around her.

"I've been thinking about you all day..."

Jane frowned because she knows it wasn't for her. 'If he could just shut up'. She tried to move but to no avail.

"Caleb, can you support yourself? Let me call John to help you."

He smiled at her. She doesn't understand but it brought her genuine comfort.

"I can support myself. I'll wash up but wait for me at the room. Don't sleep yet!"

He immediately get up and straightened himself and went upstairs.

There's a lot going on in her mind. The woman, his attitude, his sister and Dave but as of the  moment she's feeling nervous as to why Caleb wants her to wait for him.

She heard the shower shuts off but keep her eye on the display on the wall.

Caleb rubs his hair with a towel and looks at her. Chuckling.

"I think we need to start trying..."

She swallowed softly. She understood what he meant. She frowned at the thought of him being carried by someone else's and then suddenly he's sober. 'does he just want to get intimate with the woman?'

"Uhm..do we need to talk about that now?"

Caleb sit next to her. He lowered his face and kissed his bared shoulder. She flinched, he smiled.

"Why not?" He wrapped his arms around her waist as his lips trail from his shoulders to her neck. Her heartbeats are like timebomb.

"It's late already..." Caleb felt her nervousness but he loves the feeling. She's affected even though there's another man in her heart. 'At least, she's with me.'

Caleb stand up and pulled her up. He began to hug her tightly from behind for a while then sit again. He made her sit on his lap. "Did you enjoy the party?" He wanted to laugh at her trying to make a conversation between them.

"Not really. We just talk about business but I will surely enjoy the entire night." He began to trail kisses on her neck but it was a different feeling of kiss. Delicate but passionate. She felt something is building up on her butt and she have never felt strange and nervous in her life than now.

She and Dave will casually make out on his car or his office but she never stayed alone with him. She's afraid of getting pregnant so she refrained herself from having sex with him.

Caleb move his hand from her waist to her thigh. Jane gasps. His other hand went under her camisole and slid to her breast, feeling it. She's nervous but she find it pleasurable. As she close her eyes, she felt his uneven breath on her ears.

"Jane..." He called her name in a sweet lustful tone. "Make love to me..." He held her face and kissed her lips slowly.

Jane removed her self from him without removing her mouth from his mouth and sat on his lap. This time she's facing him. Their kiss turned from passion to hunger. She started to move and feel his manhood. Caleb laid his back at the bed as Jane kisses him. Her lips went lower to his chest and tasted him. He moaned and as she decided to pleasure him. Her mouth crawled to his abdomen. But like a thunder something atruck her and made her stop.

"What's wrong?"

Jane removed herself from Caleb and blush. "I'm sorry. My head begins to throb." Caleb sit straight with worry in his eyes. "It's fine. Let's go to the hospital tomorrow. John told me everyday you're experiencing that. Next time tell me what's going on with you, alright?" Jane nodded. She lay down on the bed as Caleb cover her with the quilt. "Rest well... I'll be here."

She feel so relieved and comforted. At the thought of Caleb next to him seems a comfort and assurance for her. She felt loved by Dave but it's a funny feeling how Caleb makes her feel good when they don't spent time with each other that well but she likes him around. It wasn't just the foreplay, there's something else. She closed her think feeling good but there's confusion in her mind. He felt incredibly familiar.