Part 4: nobody's business but mine

Herman's mansion

Jane is waiting for Caleb in the garden. It seems time is growing longer. In the morning, her best friend Kia called her to apologize for not going to her wedding but she didn't mind. All that was invited to her wedding are all Isabel and her Dad's friends and even Mikaela's. It's either to mock her or laugh at her, that's always been their purpose when it comes to her.

She looked at the tree 3 feet away from her. A beautiful sakura tree.

'hmm... beautiful.'

"Beautiful isn't it?"

Jane was surprised when she heard his voice. Their faces are too close. She can feel his breath. She wanted to stay that close for some reason she couldn't tell.

"It is.."

"Beautiful as you..."

Jane lost her smile when she heard what she said. Her heartbeat beats faster and she feels her blood is about to explode.

"Stop doing that" She finally said what she wanted to say.

"I hope you realize this is not healthy for us Caleb. Let's just be civil and do the things we need to do."

Jane stands up and walks to the garage but stops when he speaks.

"Why? Would you like those words more if it was Dave who said that?"

There was sarcasm in his voice.

"What?"

"Never mind"

Caleb walked toward her and smile. He brushed her hair which made her feel awkward.

"I'll do what I want to do with you, alright? If I want to take care of you, give you flowers, date you, brush your hair, it's nobody's business but mine."

Jane wanted to be mad at him but she can't. 'Was he overbearing?'

Caleb opened the door of the car but before he close it, he seriously look in her eyes.

"Jane, do you still love Dave?"

She did not respond to his question. Does he still love him? He smiled and close the door. She couldn't understand why she's feeling guilty. Caleb obviously knows what was her relationship with Dave.

When he started to drive, she asked something.

"Caleb, I don't want to get pregnant."

He abruptly stop the car. She can't sense any anger but questioning eyes.

"I don't want my child to grow up with a broken family."

His face softened when he heard it.

"Then, stay with me Jane..."

At that moment, she couldn't understand what's going on her surroundings. His response. His eyes. It was different.

"Stay with me and fall in love with me. Grow old with me."

He released his hands from the stirring wheel and held her face. He covered her mouth with his. She didn't notice how long they kissed, she only knows that she enjoyed his kiss. It was sweet. His tongue tried to conquer her mouth but she remembered they're on the road.

"Uhm... let's go..." Caleb only smiled. He's happy, she did not resist. There is beauty ahead of their lives. A good future.

'As long as she's willing to fall in love with me, nothing matters.'