Solemn Grey

Alhaitham sat at their little table, well his table that he generously shared with his roommate. The architect was in the kitchen areas plating their meals while also grabbing forks and a small container of yogurt. He sat down the emerald deep plates, each had a dash of gold color that ran around their rims. Alhaitham could now only see the gold if he looked on the outside of his plate, for his meal was piled too high, covering all gold on the inside. Kaveh sat a container of yogurt down on the middle of the table before going back to the kitchen and grabbing clear glasses and filling them with water.

"You still haven't eaten..." Kaveh spoke after a moment. He had just sat down and handed his junior a glass of water. "I'm expecting you to eat the way you had drank your water earlier. So I gave you more than you typically would make yourself." His mouth was now mostly full as he spoke and raised a golden fork to his lips. His eyes wouldn't leave Alhaitham for even a moment.

Haitham nodded, he knew he needed to eat. He was honestly glad the blonde had made dinner, he wouldn't have made it for himself. He probably would have taken a walk to the city to grab something from the cafe. Assuming they weren't closed... what time was it anyway? Alhaitham brought a bite to his lips, and ate contently. This seemed to immediately satisfy Kaveh as the male then looked away and at his own food.

A few moments passed in silence, a silence that only consisted of the scraping of forks against plates and the occasional replacement of glasses, Alhaitham placed his fork back down and crossed his arms. "Seems you know how to do something right. The food didn't choke me." This is the closest to a thank you he will every give. Politele mannerisms or small talk wasn't something Alhaitham had ever had any interest in granting his roommate, whenever Kaveh would try to chit chat or plead for a thank you it would always lead to Alhaitham taking off his terminal.

Haitham was now seated on the couch after changing into a pair of black jogging pants, a book about gods captured his gaze. The book had just been recently opened, it was a newer book that had been given to him by Kaveh. It was a gift of sorts, maybe to make up for some silly argument they had. "Now, back to the subject at hand," He cleared his throat. "You're leaving? You're going to be finding your own place?"

Kaveh walked himself into their living area and looked down at him, something in him hesitated for a moment before he nodded. "Uh, yeah. I'm making a lot more money. Maybe soon I can travel and work for places in other cities." Alhaitham immediately nodded then requested that he be payed for every bit of rent before he moved out. "Of course I will... you're not even going to tell me that you'll miss me?" He said in more of a joking way, a pout on his face. He knew the male would tell him no but it hurt more than he ever thought it would.

"It would be quieter, less dishes in the sink, no mess on my floor or tables and no person here to bother me with silly questions. I won't be saying I missed you." Haitham had his eyes glued to his book and this made Kaveh angry, so he reached out and snatched the book away from his junior.

"You won't even miss me? You wouldn't be even slightly hurt by me being gone?" He frowned, clearly upset. "I know I'm not your favourite person, I know we have different views on life but I thought here at home we would have at least gotten somewhat close over the years."

"Why do you expect me to be hurt?" Alhaitham met his gaze, a challenging expression planted on his face.

"Because it would hurt me if you left..." Kaveh hugged the book to his chest. "I was so perturbed during the all the times you would live in your office... all the days you left me at our home by myself. I was so lonely to the point it was painful, during those days and weeks I would drown myself in my own work to distract myself... to distract myself of the pain I felt with not having you home. Does that mean anything to you?"

Alhaitham didn't break, he refused to show any split emotion on his face. All he knew was a cocky persona. It got him though every problem he had ever encountered, so he couldn't help but wear one here. "Well good, it seems without me you'd be able to stand better on your own feet. Make a big title out of your name." He made small jazz hands. "Seems as though I'm only an inconvenience to your work, Kaveh. Now may I get back to reading?" He extended his hand, requesting his book back.

Kaveh bit his lip and aggressively shoved the book back into the male's grasp. "All I wanted was for you to be home... that's why I was so eager to feed you, give you things. I may be an ass to you but unlike you it's because I care." His gaze fell and his nails dug deep into his palms. His cheeks now have a red hue to them and to his eyes a thin layer of gloss. "I want to work and make something of myself so that you no longer look down on me," he looked back up at Alhaitham. "but look directly at me... so that I can stand by your side... I want to always make you dinner... offer you comfort after long work hours. I want to be less of your roommate and more of someone you willingly lean on and enjoy the company of."

Kaveh took in a deep shaky breath, an attempt to calm the bundle of heat and fear that threatened to take him by the throat and choke him. "But if need be... I can go. I'll go to work like you do and I'll work myself sick nonstop. Get tried and stressed from life then soak it up at the tavern. I'll find myself my own place to sleep at by myself, a place where I'm not greeted by someone I enjoy the company of more than anything else in this world." His nose scrunched up and a small river of distress began to fall from his eyes and onto his white clothing, leaving dark little spots.

Alhaitham flipped his book open to the page he had left off on before glancing at the male, not a single light or spark behind his eyes. No tsunami warning, no flame from a lighter, just nothing. "Do as you please, Kaveh. I wish to not interfere with your afairs. What option suits you best is not up to my regard."

Kaveh's hands fell from where they had previously been folded. Instead of strangling his roommate or smashing a plate over his head he simply turned and walked away.

A solemn grey in place of his once vibrant red.