𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥

★☆★☆★☆

★☆★☆★☆

𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙔𝙊𝙍𝙆 𝘾𝙄𝙏𝙔 is as bright and lively as ever. It is a Friday, just past noon and business is booming. Even with the devasting Krang attack that occurred just a few months prior, the city had come together in order to build back up.

From this attack, the existence of mutants and Yokai became even more intertwined with that of the human species. It was now not uncommon to spot a mutant on the streets doing something other than causing havoc.

Perhaps someone would catch sight of a bull man on a jog through Central Park. Or maybe a lizard woman lounged on a local beach trying to catch a tan.

This was the new norm.

And it seemed to be just another day in the city that never sleeps until...

"AHHH!"

Onlookers gasped, freezing in their spots as a wavering green light opened up. It became apparent very quickly that this light was a portal as it transformed into a gleaming flat sphere shape.

It opened up about thirty feet in the air.

A girl fell through, her back toward the ground and her hands reaching up as though grasping for something. Anything.

Stevie Carter screamed as she fell through the portal, the girl realizing very quickly that she was falling with her back to the ground. Even though she had been tossed through the portal from the other side right side up.

There was the image of a shadow from the other side, a figure of another person before the light sparked out and the bright green portal disappeared from existence.

There was no hesitation, her quick reflexes working fast as she flipped through the air and landed harshly on the ground, her knees bending to absorb the force of the fall.

Any normal human surely would have broken both their legs from hitting the ground so hard, yet Stevie seemed just fine. Rather, she breathed a sigh of relief, remaining still and allowing her heart rate and breathing to slow.

"Holy shit, that was a trip," she murmured while wiping her forehead, barely missing the mask that had been pushed back to the top of her head.

However, Stevie realized a moment too late that she had landed in the middle of New York City ... in the middle of the road, to be specific.

She screeched as a car whizzed past her, honking loudly. Another car swerved past with an equally as distressing horn — and it had Stevie moving into action. Her heart and breathing once again picked up as she started running, her arms swinging by her sides as she desperately tried to keep up with traffic and not get hit.

She may have been faster than the average human, but she was certainly not as fast as a car. Bright-colored boots hit the ground as she ran, her belt jangling as various items hanging from it hit each other.

The loud car horns came from all sides of her.

Realizing she was bound to be hit by a vehicle in seconds, Stevie growled before reaching up and shoving down her mask so it is in its proper position covering her face.

The mask is colored in bright hues — varieties of blues, pinks, purples, and oranges all swirling together on the beaten piece of a face-covering.

Many people — people of Earth — at least, would describe it as being very "space aesthetic".

After all, it made the girl look quite robotic and alien when it was covering her entire face as such, but it was also very protective.

Wild thick curls sprouted from her head, landing barely past her shoulders but going in all directions. The natural dark locks were bleached into a swirling mass of pink and blue, and the dark roots showcased heavily. It had been a while since she was able to dye it.

If any person on Earth were to see her and take a guess at her race, they would immediately distinguish her as being mixed: Asian and black, perhaps.

Stevie desperately tugged at her belt and quickly her hands grasped a lasso. Upon her making contact with the lasso, the tool used for many purposes glowed a bright golden color in her grasp.

With a deep breath, she held onto one of the lasso while flinging the other forward and above her. The rope seemed to grow for miles and Stevie could not be sure exactly what the other end had latched onto, but immediately she was flung into the air and swinging from building to building at great speeds.

People gasped pointing to the figure swinging with a bright golden rope, the girl swinging as far her lasso would allow before she re-swung and it grabbed something else once again launching her off.

Finally, after minutes, Stevie did not swing the lasso again but rather as she was launched in the air for the last time: the girl placed the lasso back on her belt, it seemed to shrink immensely and tightened on her side. As her hands stopped making contact, it stopped glowing.

With a grunt, she backflipped through the air and landed on the ground — this time on a sidewalk.

People ran away screaming as this happened, the girl looking up and greeting everyone with a rather odd mask that did everything to conceal her features.

Seeing as New York seemed to be attacked by one thing or another nearly every day, no one was willing to take any risks.

She looked around at the tall buildings of New York, the girl sighing. Pressing the side of her mask, it slid up and rested on the top of her head.

Her shoulders slumped realizing there was nothing familiar in sight ... well shit.