Chapter 3: News

ʚʚ‧─・─・୨୧・─・─‧ɞɞ ༺❀༻ ʚʚ‧─・─・୨୧・─・─‧ɞɞ
Shadow led Amy upstairs to Shadow's quarter to speak privately. He opened the double doors open and invited Amy inside. He pulled out a chair next to a small table that's purpose would be to read, eat, write, etc.

Shadow: Sit.

Amy walked to it and sat down. Shadow walked over to the other side of the table and pulled out another chair and sat on it.

Shadow: So, continue.

Amy looked up to Shadow's eyes that seem to stare back to hers.

Amy: So, i've wondered if you think I'll marry Scourge.

Amy stared back at Shadow's crimson eyes. Shadow sighed.

Shadow: Rose, my decision does not affect your opinion on him. I just need to know one thing.

Amy looked nervously at her father, knowing what he was about to say, scared about what Scourge will do to her and lock her away from her own home.

Shadow: Do you love him?

Amy stood there quiet, outside she wanted to be brave and be a strong woman, but inside she wanted to cry. Shadow sat there, waiting for a response.

Amy: I...

Amy felt her heart just coming through her mouth.

Amy: No... I do not...

Amy lowered her head as she said that.

Shadow: Well then that covers evidence about my answer.

Amy's head shot back up.

Amy: Did you already have an answer before?

Shadow: Yes I have, Rose. But never spoke about it without your thought about him. I have also taken notice that you have a ring on your finger.

Shadow pointed his index finger to her right hand that sticked to her as she tried hiding it from his eyes.
Amy looked at her father shocked at how he knew she had the ring that Scourge gave her. She started sweating as she slowly looked down at her hand.

Shadow: So if you don't love him, explain?

Amy's head shot back towards Shadow.

Amy: N-No father! It isn't like that, I promise! He gave it to me! It is not a wedding ring! I'm no fiance to anyone! Not yet...

Amy's voice trailed away, getting Shadow's concern on why she had stopped talking. Amy's head slowly sank.

Shadow: Darling, are you okay?

Amy didn't respond. She just stared at her lap.

Amy: Not yet...

Amy repeated.

Shadow: Rose, I know you have no one to love. Now that I know Scourge is not the one for you. But we need a Prince. A prince from a worthy kingdom.

The two then heard a knock on Shadow's doors and they both faced the doors.

Shadow: Come in.

The left sided door opened to reveal someone dressed in knight armor. Amy recognized who this knight was: Blaze the cat.

All credits to the owner of this artwork! It is not mine!

She is a high-ranked purple knight who has been an assistant to the Rubeus kingdom since she was 15 years old. She is also Amy's best friend since when Amy was born. The knight walked up to Shadow and Amy. Amy and Shadow stood up from their seats and also walked up to the knight. Amy bowed to the knight, and Shadow held his fist to his heart. Then after, the knight simply knelt down to one knee and bowed their head to show respect.
When the knight stood up again. She took her helmet off to reveal golden hazel eyes.
When Amy saw her eyes, she remembered rumors that spread in the kingdom that Blaze was the goddess of fire.

Shadow: What brings you here, Blaze?

Blaze: Your highness, there are news that Sonic the Hedgehog, Prince of Mobius, has gone missing.

Shadow's eyes widen with the new information. So did Amy's.

Shadow: Is there any more information about Prince Sonic?

Blaze: No sir, but there also reports of people finding an enchanted forest that people haven't gone out alive. And soldiers from nearby kingdoms saying that they have encountered a Beast in that enchanted forest.

Amy's heart sank. She remembered Cream's story of Scourge taking her to an enchanted forest far away.
She never knew Sonic that much either. She only knows that he is extremely, extremely, fast. Always leaving a blue blur behind. That was also a nickname for him. He is a Princes from a kingdom not too far from Rubeus. And is rumored that he is very handsome.
She's always had the dream to meet this Prince, but never had the chance for other reasons.

Shadow: Has Aleena send any Mobian soldiers to look for Prince Sonic?

Blaze: Yes sir, but Queen Aleena has asked me to send this message to you about this.

Blaze had a bag hung over her shoulder, she took it off and laid it on the ground and squat down. She zipped it open and dug her arm inside fetching for the message. She took her hand out that revealed a medium sized envelope with a red Modius signature stamp on the point behind it to seal the envelope shut. Blaze stood back up and handed the envelope to Shadow who took it.
He opened it and read the message aloud.

Shadow's eyes were wide when he read the part when Aleena mentioned Sonic and Amy's marriage

Shadow's eyes were wide when he read the part when Aleena mentioned Sonic and Amy's marriage. After he read the note, he looked at Blaze, then Amy.

Blaze: That is what Aleena has asked me to give to you, your highness.

Shadow: Blaze, inform knights and soldiers outside the gates in search in the forest surrounding us miles off for Prince Sonic, I'll inform Cream to inform the indoor soldiers also, but before you go,

Shadow looked dearfully at Amy's green eyes.

Shadow: Amelia...

Amy looked at Shadow.

Shadow: Will you marry Prince Sonic if we find him?

Amy's eyes widened.

Amy: But father, I don't know Prince Sonic that well at all. He probably doesn't even know who I am.

Shadow frowned and closed his eyes, and then opened them after a good 30 seconds.

Shadow: I know that dear, but the thing is, he is a prince of a kingdom we are allies with. He is royal blood, and he has fighting experience. He could be perfect for you.

Amy looked into Shadow's crimson eyes and she looked down. Amy sighed but put a weak smile on her face and looked back up to Shadow.

Any: Okay, if we find Prince Sonic the Hedgehog, and have an agreement, we will wed.

Shadow smiled brightly at his daughter and turned his attention to Blaze.

Shadow: Go.

Blaze: Aye.

Blaze bowed, put her helmet back on, grabbed the bag that sat on the ground, turned around, and walked away.

Shadow: I hope Prince Sonic is doing alright.

Amy: Me too.