Chapter 7: Love? No, imprisonment.

ʚʚ‧─・─・୨୧・─・─‧ɞɞ ༺❀༻ ʚʚ‧─・─・୨୧・─・─‧ɞɞ
?: HEY, PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!

He tried wiggling themselves out the grip of the knights, but it was no use. He struggled as they walked down to the dungeon. They walked over to a cell where no one was in.

?: DON'T YOU DARE PUT ME IN THAT SHADY CELL! LET ME GO! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NO, I AM GOING TO MARRY AMY!

The guards opened the door and threw him on the floor. The prisoner looked behind them and watched as the guards locked the cell.

Knight: You're not getting out until we get some answers from secrets that you know.

The prisoner scowled and got up. He didn't even bother turning to face the guards infront of the cell.

?: I am not going to even stay one night in this rustic cell.

Knight: You can most certainly try, Scourge.

Scourge turned finally and stared at the guards.

Scourge: Would you like to bet?

Guard: Be quiet and stay here until we know exactly what else we are going to do with you.

Scourge: DID YOU NOT HEAR ME!? GET ME OUT OF THIS SHADY CELL!

Scourge ran a few inches towards the cell and gripped the bars. The guards turned and left Scourge alone. Scourge growled.

Scourge: GET BACK HERE AND FACE ME LIKE TRUE KNIGHTS! WHAT? ARE YOU SCARED-

?: SILENCE.

Scourge stopped and looked over the guards and the guards themselves were startled. Out from the shadows, was none other, that Shadow.

Shadow: I'll take it from here. Thank you.

The Guards: You're welcome, your highness.

They all bowed, except Scourge. And they left. Scourge stared at Shadow with an angry impression that he knew would definitely scare Amy if she was there right now. Because he thought that, he changed his impression to be casual.

Scourge: Hello, Sir.

Shadow walked over to Scourge's cell, but kept a few feet away just incase Scourge went wild again.

Shadow: So, I want to get more information on why you want to marry my daughter so bad.

Scourge's eyes widened a little, but then he relaxed.
Scourge kept quiet. But then he turned around and walked over to the bed that layed in the corner. He had a soft spot for Amy, but if he had to be harsh towards her, he had to be harsh. Just like how he was harsh towards her when he met Silver.

Shadow kept quiet himself to let Scourge talk.

Scourge: Um, well...

Scourge's heart began beating a little faster. He sat on the bed and crossed his fingers under his chin.

Scourge: You see, I've met her since we were just 10. I thought she was perfect for my future, even now...

Shadow: Mhm.

Scourge: I never stopped following her... She was always in my mind...

Scourge realized his voice started cracking while talking. Shadow noticed this too. Scourge looked down and gripped his knees.

Scourge: Well...

Scourge realized tears were streaming down his cheek.

Scourge: I just... want her... to feel the... same...

Scourge gave up and started crying.

Shadow saw this happening, his eyes widened and he was confused also because he's never seen him cry, ever. Shadow felt a little bad for him, but Scourge was thrown in the dungeon for a reason.

Scourge: I love her, sir... I didn't... want to... turn out this way.

Scourge continued crying and crying. Shadow just watched.

Scourge: I know you don't want me to marry her... but I just want to tell you...

Scourge turned his head to face Shadow. And Shadow stepped a little closer to the cell.

Scourge: That, I love her. She's everything to me... I don't want to say this, but I get jealous everytime I see other males with her...

Shadow stared at Scourge while Scourge stared back.

Shadow: But you know that Amy has no connections back to you, right?

Scourge looked back down to see his hands gripping more harshly onto his legs.

Scourge: Yes, sir...

Shadow: Why continue chasing her if you know that.

Scourge: I just want someone to... love me, back.

Shadow felt bad for Scourge. But he couldn't do anything about it.

Shadow: Do you realize you make her uncomfortable sometimes?

Scourge's eyes widened and quickly looked up to face Shadow.

Scourge: I-I do..?

Shadow nodded.

Scourge: ... why hasn't anyone told me yet?

Shadow: I don't know if she planned to tell you, but you should've known your foolish actions towards her makes her uncomfortable. Do you ever not stop bothering her for atleast a day? She has been dealing with you for 6 years, I am actually proud of her for still standing tall after those years of you never leaving her alone. Even I knew you were bad luck. I know you love her, but face it one day.
She. doesn't. love. you...

Scourge sat there, frozen after being told the literal truth.

Shadow: I'll go now. Be prepared tomorrow, I'll be coming back to ask you some questions for other things.

Scourge watched as Shadow turned around and walked out.