Don't (4x02)

I'm pretty sure some of you may recognize my other account KILLYSWAN and I've decided to delete that account and move my one-shots here because I can't afford to have two accounts (for real this time). Anyway, I'm gonna move my finished one-shots here maybe around every two days. I'll continue posting new one-shots that my muse creates though so don't worry.

This was my first fanfic for OUAT which is also CS. Enjoy! :)

------------

"I-I lo-ove you..."

It was barely a whisper on his shoulder, her voice wavering because of the coldness. Killian almost didn't hear it. If he wasn't as perceptive as he was, he would have even thought it was just his mind playing games with him. But, no. He knew what she said. He even heard the soft chattering of her teeth while she said those three words with difficulty. It was loud and clear to him. He knew what she was doing and it wasn't going to happen.

"Don't say that." he replied in an equally soft voice.

At the same time, he felt her whole weight upon him, her tight grip around his neck slowly beginning to loosen. He felt her shiver under his embrace. For a split second, he saw her eyes drooping low, her face pale with a tinge of blue. His heart almost leaped out of his chest but he quickly regained his senses and wrapped his arm around her waist while he hooked his good arm around knees. He lifted her up with ease, confident of his strength and confident that she wouldn't let go. Without looking back, he lifted her along the street.

He felt her curl into his chest. He felt her icy cold fingers around his neck. It made him afraid and relieved at the same time. Afraid that she would freeze to death but relieved that she was still alive, here in his arms. With each step, he could feel her slowly losing the battle. Her face was still bluish and her lips trembled with each breath. He quickened his pace. He set his eyes on David's car a few more meters away. He didn't dare to look at her. Not looking at her made his heart heavy with fear, what more if he saw her in that state? Just the thought of losing her killed him inside.

He had lost everyone. He lost his parents. He lost his friends. He lost Liam. He lost Milah. He had no one. He thought he had nowhere to go except the sea where he was free from all the...pain. He thought he wouldn't find another one. He had told himself Milah was going to be the last. He had lost enough. That was until he saw her. Emma Swan.

"Killian..."

He stopped in his tracks. She rarely called him by his name. His real name. His ocean blue eyes met her emerald orbs. He cringed inside. She looked up at him. With all her strength, her mouth moved.

I love you.

He shut his eyes close, forcing the tears to go back, forcing the fear and the pain he felt down. He willed his legs to move, almost running towards the car.

"Don't, Emma, don't. Don't say that."

He couldn't lose her. Not her. He could lose his whole crew, he could even lose his own dignity, but just not her. She had his heart, the whole of it. She may not know it but he had given it to her the moment he decided to give up the Jolly Roger for a small piece of magic bean. And it hurts, no, it kills him to see her this way... weak, fragile and...and... Tears stung his eyes. No, he wasn't going to lose her.