Chapter XVI

Sorry for the late update, I was coming down with a nasty cold and headache so was in bed watching this C drama, My girl/ 99 points girl and couldn't use my free time to write. Don't know if you have watched it before .

After the ' very long chat ' Wang Linxue was basically asked not to go out of the mansion. She was basically grounded. She was scolded and almost beaten when she tried to explain to her mother why she jumped in to save her fiance.

Her father stopped her many times but even as her mother was trying to beat her, she felt sweet inside. To have someone care for you so much was something she never had in her past life.

She practiced her violin everyday instead of on specific days. She was getting very good at it and her violin instructor said it was 'almost as good as before.'

Her family members that she didn't know all came to check on her and gave her luck presents, talismans and matryoshka dolls.

Her two friends Long Yue and Chi Minxia came to accompany her almost every day. Mostly they would come to gossip about Fu Tuying.

She hadn't met him yet but he would be the direct rival of Xi Jinwei in the future and she really wanted to meet him. Not face to face since she wanted to stay out of the way though.

Today, she was going to make a surprise visit to the Xi Family to visit her fiance. Well , on the request of her father that is.

In the book, Wang Linkai wanted to form a formal alliance with the Xi Family due to their connections. But now , due to her deeds, he had somewhat relaxed his stance on pressuring her to get in the Xi Family's good side.

Her mother specifically dressed her up sweetly and tied her middle length hair into a top bun and placed shiny hair clips in them. She stared into the mirror as her mother fixed her hair up.

Fang Luman picked up a sparkling white ribbon.
" You look so pretty Xue Xue. Do you want a ribbon in your hair?"

Wang Linxue shook her head, ' She was a bit too old for them.'

' Technically, you are a child.' Ping chimed in a bit bored.

' What now Ping? Are you trying to annoy me?'

'Tch!'

These past few days, she and Ping have been fighting. A lot.

The barely agreed on anything and their view point were almost always different. Well he is her guardian so it was up to her to heed his rubbi... -ehem- guidance.

When her mother was done, she finally looked into the full sized mirror. She was dressed in a pure blue dress with a black belt. Her hair done perfectly and her dress was very cute .

The driver drove her to the Xi Family after she checked herself out.

" Hello, Miss Wang. Welcome, we weren't expecting you here." A maid dressed impeccably welcomed them.

The driver spoke up a bit sheepishly, " Eh, you see, this is a surprise visit from the Wang family. Miss Wang is just going to see her fiance. It's nothing to be formal about."

The maid looked uncomfortable, like she didn't want us to get in and kept glancing behind.

Wang Linxue frowned menacingly at the maid. She had to use her villainess charms when needed.

" Are you going to let us in or not?"

"Right this way." The maid hurriedly let her in.

The driver left and the little girl was led to the mansion.

" Lei Lei, take Ms Wang to the Young Master now."

The maid who you could tell was new gestured for Wang Linxue to follow. They climbed up the stairs and where going through the huge maze of a mansion as quickly as they could within the quiet walls.

The maid seemed to clasp her hand over and over nervously as she walked forward. It looked a bit childish since the maid looked like she was around her mid twenties.

' Why is the maid so fidgety? She looks like she wants to say something.' , Ping questioned.

' Yeah, should I risk asking?'

' I think you should . Who knows what you can find out?'

' Agreeing for once nowadays.' Wang Linxue teased.

'Tch'

"Excuse , Miss Lei Lei. Is everything ok?"

There just had to be something this maid was getting troubled at. This is the Male Lead's household after all.

The maid looked startled but put up a neutral face, "I want to say this to you since you are the Young Master's fiancee. "

She paused and looked around and begged in a quiet tone," I-If you t-tell anyone that I-I said this, I might loose my job."

"Ok, I won't tell ."

The maid led her to an adjacent bathroom and discreetly looked outside the door before closing it.

The maid hesitated when she looked at the girl in front of her. She looked so innocent and pure . Would telling her of this even help the situation? She had to play it safe just in case.

"Miss Wang, so you see, the Xi Family is a very wealthy family that has honour and respect across. Their influence spans out for..."

Wang Linxue saw the maid was stalling and not getting to the point but didn't feel irritated. She knew why she was doing this.

"Get to the point, Miss Lei Lei"

"Ah. So you see, the Madam of the household gives inferior services to the Young Master, Xi Jinwei. Things like food , allowance and others."

The maid stopped, grumbling, leaning against the sink as Wang Linxue just stood at the door side. "Why am I saying this to a child?"

" You mean he's been treated unfairly?" Wang Linxue asked carefully. She already knew this would be happening though. She even used to be a perpetrator.

"Mm. I just started my job here and from what I am seeing, I just, my parents raised in high morals and I can't work for this family. No matter how much money they give me.

The head maid told me not to speak of it to the Master or the Master's parents or I will lose my job and I can't do this anymore." The maid sighed in regret.

" I just started working here a week ago since the salary looks good but I can't bear such a small boy being treated like this. "

'Ok, she has a point but what is she expecting you to do?', Pong chimed in.

" So what should I do?" The sentence came out a bit nonchalantly than she wanted.

Hearing the tone of the little girl, the maid switched to a more reserved and polite tone. " I just hope that Miss Wang will show some compassion to the Young Master. It could go a long way."

Wang Linxue nodded and was led to the door of the Male Lead.
" I'll bring some pastries to eat."

Wang Linxue raised her hand to knock when Ping who was just minding his own business perked up and warned,' Little girl, just remember, the male lead is just your fiance in name. You both cannot get closer apart from being friends.'

Why was he bringing that up now?

' I know Ping. Just friends. Why would we be more?'

Let's hope not.

Please vote and comment on the chapter guys. I think I have a crush Chinese actor😊😊. Name, Zhao Yiqin. He acted in the C drama My Girl that I told you about. Anyways, thanks for reading. New chapters coming up.💜💜💜💜