Chapter XLI

The two walked side by side on the streets whilst Wang Linxue looked around the area. Downtown was a bit crowded by this time of the day so they stuck close to each other.

She came here frequently but Xi Jinwei looked out of place. She wanted him to have a sense of normalcy instead of going to a high end restaurant. His life outside was extremely monitored by his grandfather because he would become the new Xi Successor.

She didn't know if he knew it yet though.

She saw how the people around stared at him. She also raised her head to look at him by her side as they strolled. He was a really handsome young man who was quite tall and had a cool aura about him.

But it wasn't the only thing that made people turn their heads at him.

It was also how exotic he looked. He almost didn't look Chinese but at the same time you could see he was.
She even wondered if his mother was a foreigner but it was never stated in the book what race his mother was. Only that she was very beautiful.

" Woah!"

She tripped on her foot suddenly but regained her balance. Xi Jinwei gripped her shoulders to steady her confused.

" Be careful. Where is your head at?"

He had seen her staring at him for a while now and he was quite pleased and said nothing of it. But not at the expense of her tripping.

She hesitated at this. She didn't want to rouse any emotions since she knew how his mother died. She wanted to know more about him but it was better to forget about it completely and not pry.

" Forget it." She turned her head away.

" Tell me." He turned her body towards him. Now he wanted to know what was on her mind.

" You sure?" She really didn't want to ruin this date. Affirming with his nod, she asked.

"You know you kinda look like a foreigner right?"

Not expecting that, he frowned but nodded. He knew he looked somewhat different.

" So is your mother you know, a foreigner?"

He stayed silent for a moment but shook his head. His mind was far as gripped her shoulders. Wang Linxue was about to tell him to forget it but he continued.

" My grandfather was though. My grandmother has a picture of him back at her house. How he was here in China during that time to be in a relationship, she doesn't talk about it." He shrugged and raised his eyebrow at as if to say, ' Is that all?'

" Mmhm." She didn't want to continue and smiled remembering something.

" Come on."

They entered a small rice shop where they literally sold any kind of rice you would like. There were only a handful of people here. Wang Linxue, though became a rich young lady who mostly ate food perfectly done , she still had a taste for outside food.

Xi Jinwei was surprised someone like her came out for food like this.

" Uncle!" She waved at the man behind the counter who was preparing a meal with a helper.

The man saw who called and smiled widely, " Girly, it's you. You haven't come in a while now. Where is your other friend Minxia?"

The man gestured to the helper to pick up a bowl full of ingredients to give to him. When he poured the ingredients, the helper stirred the food.

" I didn't come with her today ."

The man then turned her full attention to the pretty girl coming his way. Then saw who was with her and raised his eyebrows suprised.