Chapter XXVI

Thanks so much for reading this chapter. Here's another one and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I wrote. ❤️❤️

Wang Linxue decided to stay and take care of him. His grandma was counting on her at least so she would.
She was given essentials and cleaned up in his bathroom.

While she was in the bathroom, Xi Jinwei took his phone and unlocked it. He had a text from Cheng Qi.

CQ: Is she there with you, bro?

XJ: Yeah. She stayed behind liked I planned.

CQ: Bro... Are you doing the right thing here?What if she finds out you are lying?

XJ:I'm acting really good. She won't find out. And I also made them hit me a bit to make it believable.

CQ:Bro, you're being a bit toxic here. What if she really doesn't like you...you know ,like that?

Three dots appeared that he was typing but it took long before an answer came through.

XJ: She will.

CQ:..._

CQ: Ok, fine. So you are going keep resorting in tricks to make her fall for you huh? But what if she one day find out about them? Won't she leave you ?

XJ: Then I'll make her fall for me so she can't leave me ever.

CQ: Good luck⊙﹏⊙. Wang Linxue is a tough but to crack, bro.

Cheng Qi who was outside shook his head at his friend's behaviour. He knew of Xi Jinwei's plan to get beaten up for Wang Linxue's attention.
He almost told Wang Linxue in class today but refrained.

It was a bit too much for someone you like but he didn't want to judge much. Only support him but chide him if he was being too hard on himself.

He had vowed to himself that if Xi Jinwei suffered due to his own actions he would do all he could to stop it. For now he would be an onlooker for his friend.

He walked down the lighted streets looking for the things on his list to buy. The place wasn't too crowded but he was suddenly bumped into by someone who knocked over the things he was holding over.

The figure stood behind him and grabbed his clothes tightly hiding behind him.

Then a guy came out of the crowd looking for someone.

"Yun! It's me. I'm your number one. You said you loved me so why run away now?" The guy walked forward to the girl at Cheng Qi's back.

" Watch it!" Cheng Qi grabbed the guys hand when he attempted to touch the girl behind him.

" Hey! Let me go!" The guy pushed him making him stumble and his glasses fell to the ground.

" Ah!" The girl screamed. " I do not know you. I said I love you because you're my fan. That's all. Stay away or I'll call the police now."

Cheng Qi stood in front of the guy when he attempted to move closer and held his phone up.

"I've dialled the police number. Take one step closer and I'll call them. Scram!"