A boy named Lumin

***
You appeared in our life unexpectedly. Even after so many years, Manjiro remembers this day like it was yesterday.

3 years ago~

The cold wind enveloped from head to toe, involuntarily causing goosebumps

Lumin looked suspiciously at the strange boy in front of him.

- Who are you? the stranger asked, moving towards the beaten boy. On it, one could easily see multiple bruises and scratches, bruises under the eyes and a thin physique also did not hide from Manjiro.

- Mikey, do you want me to beat him for you? He'll come out suspiciously, - Budgie snorts with displeasure.

- Enough for you, Keisuke. What is your name? Sano asked, leaning towards his peer's face. - And what are you doing in such a place, at such a time?

- Don't you see? I live here. This answer surprised Manjiro. He bulged out in stature and pointedly examined the boy's face.

- I won't tell you my name.

Sano grunted comically at the stranger's little speech. Keisuke dumbfoundedly opened his mouth, trying to say something, but the words got stuck in his throat.

"Apparently he doesn't know who you are, since he dares to behave like that," said Mitsuya, the only one who thought sensibly in this situation.

Manjiro snorted, allowing Mitsui to approach the stranger.

- Don't worry, Mikey. He fumbles in situations like this," Keiske said proudly.

- Hey baby. You are lost? What is your name? Takashi asked softly.

"I don't talk to strangers," the kid cried angrily.

Mitsuya blinked sluggishly, but immediately smiled, and spoke again.

"Look, I know I sound like a person not to be trusted, but can you do this? Otherwise, how can we help you get home?

- I told you, I live here! the boy exclaimed angrily.

Does he really live here? In this gateway, which no one looks in, except perhaps besides the homeless? Mikey narrowed his eyes suspiciously, returning his gaze to the child.

- Listen, please, trust me. Just tell me your name, I won't offend you," Mitsuya will say wearily. The boy closes his lips suspiciously, but at some point, giving up, he says.

- Lumin.

- Your name? Lumin? Beautiful.

The boy smiled shyly, which was a good sign for Mitsui. - How old are you? - Twelve. - Twelve? Takashi yelled in shock. In appearance, he was a child who was inferior in weight and height to his peers. But in reality it was not so.

- What should we do, Mikey? I didn't expect him to be much older than he looks.

- We'll take him with us.

- What?

- Don't leave him waiting.

This was the only phrase for today that Takashai Mitsuya agreed with.

And the rest too.
***

- And so, you brought an unfamiliar child to our house, and now you are offering to leave him with us? Are you crazy, Manjiro? Shinichiro asked, furrowing his brows

The older Sano shook his head wearily, and collapsed on the couch next to Lumin. - And what do we do now? We cannot leave him, there are so many of us, but there is not enough money. Lumin, who had calmly tossed spoonfuls of curry into the rice before, immediately choked. - Is it okay that I'm here? - the boy was indignant.

"And what are we to do with you..." Sano whispered absently, laying his head on the pillow. - Mikey, you did a very bad thing, taking an unfamiliar child into the house without asking permission. Say thank you that I've already calmed down and drank a whole pack of sedatives, and now I won't be able to yell at you.

Manjiro chuckled, placing his hands on his hips.

- Well, it's definitely impossible to send him to the street, it would be bad on our part. Perhaps the orphanage where Izana lives would be perfect for him, Shinichiro thought.

Lumin looked at the boy indignantly.

- Well, until we find your house, you will stay with us for a while. Do you agree baby? The offer was too tempting and Lumin couldn't refuse.
***
- Why are you smiling? Manjiro asked, looking at the visitor in surprise.

In such situations, they usually cry, ask to go home, call moms and dads, but they don't smile in any way.

- Why not smile? - For the first time in a long time, the boy said sternly. - I have a roof over my head, I met really kind people, so why be sad? For the first time I'm so happy with life in a long time.

Lumin smiled faintly.