𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧.

"Leave! Get away from me!"

John was manic, pushing Alexander and his things out of headquarters. The others tried to talk him down, but he was having none of that.

"Laurens, it's not wrong!"

"Yes, it is! I've made you ill! I've given you my sickness!"

"Are you ill?" The others had no idea what was going on.

Alex had enough. In the middle of chaos, he slapped John across the face, screamed at him, got on his horse, and left. John ran off back into the room and locked the door. The others were completely shocked, what the fuck was going on?

-------

Hamilton came back the next morning. The others were relieved to see him again and let him cry on their laps.

"Give him food, the poor thing's hasn't eaten!"

"Hammy, what ever is the matter?"

Laurens wasn't there, he was on the battlefield. For once, Hamilton didn't care what happened to him there.

"Laurens doe-doesn't love love m-me..." Alexander wept on one of his friend's shoulder.

"He does, he was most upset by your disappearance." Fingers ran through his curly hair. "He was going to look for you, but it was much too cold."

-------------

John came back the next day, and Alexander avoided him like the plague. The taller was heartbroken, but it was for the better. Both of them were cured.

Two weeks later, the redhead brought that lovely lady he's always talking about over to meet all his friends. He speaks of her day and night, once even forgetting the password to headquarters because his mind was drunk on love.

"You're the Ms. Schulyar our Hamilton adores ever so much." Lafayette shook her hand and smiled at the blushing woman. "It's an honor to meet a lady such as yourself."

With a gentle voice, she answered, "The honor is all mine, monsuir."

Laurens came to greet her, fighting back the tears. She was just as beautiful as Hamilton described her, long shiny brown hair and her bright eyes. No wonder he loved her so much. He was supposed to be cured, why wasn't it working?

"Mr. Laurens, Hammy is always speaking of your bravery on the battlefield." Hamilton looked down as she spoke. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He kissed her hand. "The pleasure is all mine."

He tried to get Alexander to even glance at him, but the other simply walked off with his girlfriend, smiling at her and having his arm wrapped around her waist.

He always used to smile at him like that.

-----------------

When the sun set, Hamilton gathered all his friends for an important announcement they both wanted to share. Even the general came, nobody could stay away from all the buzz. They had ever seen the writer so happy. Laurens came as well, his stomach heavy with dread and guilt.

When Alexander saw him, he gave him a sad look. That stopped John and made him question everything. Why did he push him away? Why was this sickness still affecting both of them? Why did Laurens, at least, still love him?

"My friends, I'm more than delighted to share this wonderful news to you, those of whom I consider closer than family." he took Elizabeth's hand, both giddy. "We are to be wed by the beginning of next month!"