𝑪𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆

Sick in bed, Hamilton continued to write until his wrists became too sore to hold a pen. He laid there, bored as can be. He didn't like being ill. He was too weak and dizzy to do the things he liked, such as writing or running.

He turned over to the door of his room, his head aching. He missed Laurens, but he's unsure of how the other felt about him. Certainly not highly, considering he takes every opportunity to avoid him. But the redhead liked him. He was tall, manly, and was the only one who could understand his Caribbean accent. Maybe one day, in his stupid heart, Laurens would pick him up and kiss him all day and night.

His eyes felt heavy, everything was spinning.

-

"There's something not right."

-

"Doctor, cadet Hamilton has been asleep for about three days as of now. May you offer your best help?"

"He must be taken to medical immediately."

-

The soldier woke up days later, dizzy and fuzzy. He was clinging into something or someone. His eyes were blurry. He saw a face, a beautiful face. The face said something, but his ears were ringing too much to hear. He felt cold. He clung to the body.

-

"Laurens, do you adore me so?"

"More than anyone, my dear boy."

In his dreams, they kissed. They held each order. Laurens wasn't angry nor depressed. It was the only time he smiled. He wanted to be with him and never let him go.

"May we get engaged?"

"Yes!"

They will get married at sunset. Their eyes would lock as their lips would fuse together. They would touch each other's faces and bodies. They would have sex. They would have decades to love each other, and nobody could ever stop them.

-

It was on day ten when he was finally to know what was going on. All his friends were concerned, Washington had a stone-face, and the doctors had to keep their eyes on him 24/7. He was informed he had a severe case of Scarlet Fever. The tall body returned, looming in the shadows. He reached out for it. He saw it pause, unsure of what to do.

"May you come forth?" He asked with his arm reaching out to it.

His fever took hold, and he collapsed just as the body began to rush to him.

-

Stable enough to walk, he strolled outside, the cold air getting into his clothes. It felt so nice to finally not be ill after those miserable two weeks, though he knew another bout of winter illness would come eventually.

"Hamilton."

He paused, turning his head to the voice. He saw the tall body before, and now, he could see its features. Dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, scars.

"Laurens! What a pleasant surprise!" The taller walked up to him, his fingers trembling. "May you walk with me?"

"Yes, of course." His strange accent made his heart skipp a beat. "I need to speak with you, if you would be so kind."

"Alright then."

He looked to the sides before having an arm around him. Hamilton tried not to blush as his soul did backflips.

"Before I begin, how are you feeling?" His voice was oddly gentle.

"Oh my, thank you for asking." He wanted to punch himself for his voice crack. "I am doing swell, though still a bit lightheaded."