𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍

I saw him yesterday for the first time. It hasn't even been a whole day since I saw him, and I can't stop thinking about him. He's all I can think about. His eyes are stuck in my mind, they're all I can see. The most evergreen eyes I've ever seen. The deepest and brightest eyes that ever looked into mine.

I don't know anything. It's like I started living yesterday. It's like, yesterday, when I stumbled down the hallway, arms and hands full, trying to get the door before it would've closed, when he held it open and looked in my eyes I took my first breath. Ever.

All I know is that I want to know him. Everything about him. His name, for starters. When his birthday is. What keeps him up at night. Where he comes from. His dreams. His parents. His brothers, sisters, if he has any. Why he looked so precious, like something that you couldn't let go. So precious, but at the same time, so broken, inside. I want to heal him, whatever he has that makes him feel wrong.

Because I've changed. Or maybe, I should say, returned. Returned to who I was before. Before everything, before life changed. Before I lost everyone and the fields became malls and the people I had known my whole life became strangers. Before I was alone. Before my yonder faded.

And now, I feel happy, again. I feel free, I feel hopeful. It's like my hopes have been in a cardboard box hidden in the back of my closet, and now they are finally calling for me again, like they want to be dusted off.

Because that simple "Hello" changed everything.