Mirrorball

That. Finally. That is what I want. I'm staring at my best friend's closet, and I see it, a small, silver, sparkly dress. I can't take my eyes off of it. And that's exactly what I need. I need people to be enchanted by me. Because I'm like this. I've always been ignored. My whole life. Then one sweet day somebody started noticing me. Not "somebody", but the most popular guy in the school. And then, in the matter of two days everybody knew my name. I went to all the parties. I was popular. I had a popular boyfriend. That kind of ruined me though. Because now I can't get by without it. I need it. I seek it. And today is the worst day of my life. Nobody even talked to me. That used to happen everyday. Now, when it doesn't happen, it's big news. It's not that I'm rich, or have done anything. In fact, sometimes I spend hours trying to figure out what it is. But then I end up questioning myself, and that's not good. Because I end up in a spiral. And when I end in that spiral, I break, and it's hard to get all the pieces back together. Because I may look fierce and strong, but in reality I'm delicate and fragile. And if the pieces aren't glued together the right way, the magic disappears. The point is, today went bad and now I'm going to a party and I need everybody to look at me and be amazed. Because it turns out, life is not like high school, life is harder and you can't rule it based on who your boyfriend is. I stare at myself in the mirror. I look good, but not perfect yet. Hair up, in a low bun. Light makeup, but it goes with the dress. Silver heels. Now I'm done. I look like a discoball. I'm sparkly. I'm blinding. People can see all their facets.

I'm not natural. This is not really my style. The people who know me know it. I mean, I love the way I look, but I couldn't go out dressed like this everyday. It's like we are all in a circus and I'm still on the trapeze, even after the show has ended. I'm still trying to get their attention. To feel loved and beautiful. I keep trying. And I'll go on like that 'till I find something that can go deeper.

So tonight I'm gonna shine for all the people who are being ignored, I'm gonna keep dancing for them even when it'll be time to go. Because they deserve it. All of them.