Chapter 1 | Boredom cured??

Hey there if you haven't read the last chapter, it had some info in it that is kinda important. What I forgot to mention was that the language/dialect doesn't change. Even though it is in the style of the 18th century.

Anyway here is the first chapter. Enjoy!!

Karl was at home, he was laying on the sofa and staring at the ceiling. He was bored out of his mind. Hearing the ticking of the clock next to him. He let out a long sigh.

In the kitchen two figures were watching him. "We have to do something, he's gonna die of boredom in here." Said one of the men. "I know Sapnap but we've tried everything." Responded the other one. "He just wants to travel again."

Karl got off the sofa and went towards the kitchen. Where he met his 2 fiancées quickly shushing the conversation. "I know you were talking about me." He says with a slight smirk on his face. "We're just worried about you, ever since you moved in you've been distant." One of the fiancées said with a face that was anything but happy. "Quackity is right, we love you and we care about you, that why we're worried." Added Sapnap. "I love you guys too it's just that I miss the adventure, the thrill of not knowing what will come next,... the freedom." Karl said. "We know." Both of them said almost simultaneously.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Lillith was in the forest. She had a big basket in her hands. It was filled with all kinds of things. Mushrooms, flowers, fruits,.... She knew exactly which mushrooms were edible and which were poisonous. She also had a large amount of alliums in her basket. Ranboo had asked her to grab some. But she wasn't sure if he said a handful or a bouquet. So she just got as many as she could, she could give the rest to Tommy anyway.

The flower field was just outside of the village border. She always got reminded by Bad that it was dangerous, but Lillith didn't care. She liked the flowers it was in her nature.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As Karl came down the stairs he heard some mumbling. Thinking it would be about him again he walked into the living room. What he saw kind of shocked him. He saw Sapnap and Quackity hunched over his bag. "What are you guys doing?" He asked calmly. "Karl!! You can't sneak up on us like that!!!" Quackity shouted. "We are making your bag, your gonna travel again Karl" Sapnap said. Those last 5 words were enough to make Karl jump over the couch and into his fiancées arms. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"

The next day Karl was the first one awake. He packed the last of his things, Sapnap and Quackity already packed some of his clothes, his journals, a first aid kit, some money and a pocket knife. Karl took some food and stuffed his writing equipment in the already full bag. He was just finishing up as Quackity came down the stairs. "Are you leaving already??" He asked still very sleepy. "No I'm gonna wait for a bit before I leave, I just wanted to make sure my bag was ready." Karl answered. "Oh okay, I'll go wake up Sapnap" Quackity said as he walked back up the stairs.

(Time skip : an hour later)
As he said his goodbyes Karl left. He was pretty sure he had everything he needed. He checked of a mental list as he walked southwards. It was a good thing Quackity thought to put a little compass in his bag.

As he left the city boundaries he noticed there wasn't really a lot to see. There were only fields with nothing on them. Every now and then he saw the shadow of a bird gliding over him. Karl checked his pocket watch he was walking for over 6 hours already. His feet got tired he had been walking for so long with absolutely no village in sight. He saw the sun slowly going down Karl guessed he had about an hour before it got dark.

And then he saw it a huge forest that seemed like it went on for miles. Now this is what Karl was looking for, usually there would be a village close by a forest. It made sense honestly, it was the perfect place for hunting and gathering food. And if there wasn't a village he could just climb a tree and be safe from the animals.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The flower field was relaxing, Lillith was half asleep. She already had everything she needed but she still stayed. She had a flower in her hand and was twirling it from left to right. A while later she looked at the sun, it was already starting to set. If she didn't return to the village soon Bad would totally kill her.

She stood up and walked towards a big bush. However she heard a noise, it was as if someone was walking in her direction. Her ears were sharp so surely she didn't imagine it? Lillith stood there for a few second when she suddenly saw a figure coming out of the woods.

"Euhm hello..." the man said with a confused look on his face.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Karl was face to face with what seemed to be a teenage girl. He mumbled a quick introduction "Euhm hello..." After looking at the girl he quickly saw that she wasn't normal. She had large ears, a brown tinted skin with white spots and two hooves instead of feet.

The girl was in shock, after a few beats of silence the girl yelled a "BYE!!!" and rushed into a large bush.

Karl dashed right behind her. But when he got out of the bush she was gone. The only thing that was there were rows of prickly thorn bushes. After close inspection he saw that one bush was less dense than the others. He braced himself and traveled trough the bush. His clothes ripped in the process and there were small cuts all over his hands and face.

After he made it trough the bush, Karl saw the same girl this time more relaxed. She was sitting on a tree stump eating a green mushroom. "Well that's not supposed to happen" she said with a concerned look.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Whoo first chapter complete!!!!
I'm sorry to end on a cliffhanger, I promise not all the chapters are gonna have one! Anyways if you have any ideas or questions please leave them here and I will do my best to help you.

Byeeeeeree

1104 words