Chapter 5 | Meeting the gang [empires edition]

Wabaaaaam!!!
Hey guys! Before we start with the chapter I just wanna clear up some things. I have made the decision to use both season 1 and 2 of empires in this series. Here will be a list of all the people.

Gem: 1
False: 2
Pearl: 1
Lizzy: 1
Katherine: 2 (but has a lot of knowledge of flowers and plants)
Shubble: 2
Joel: 1
Pix: 1
Scott: 2
Jimmy: 1
Joey: 1
Sausage: 2
Fwhip: 2

Jimmy and Lizzy will still be siblings so will Gem and Fwhip. With that being said let's get on with the chapter.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Are you okay? You've been looking at that for a long time." Lillith wasn't sure what was happening, Karl had been staring at a piece of paper for ten minutes. The brunette quickly pocketed the paper in a compartment in his jacket. That was weird, Lillith didn't realise it had more than 2 pockets. Anyways it was none of her business, if Karl was gonna have a secret pocket he was gonna have a secret pocket.

"So... Where are we going?" Karl asked as they descended down the ladder once more. "We are going to Empires, I have to speak to some people there. And you can meet more people there." The girl replied. "I'm sorry, but what is Empires?" Karl was clearly confused. "The village has four districts: Origins, Empires, Hermitcraft and the Dream district. Each district has its own inhabitants. There are also people who live so close on the borders that they are officially living in both." Lillith replied.

While walking Lillith noticed Karl's mind was definitely in a different place. "Are you okay?" She asked snapping him back to reality. "Yeah just thinking about home." He replied. There was something that stopped her from asking more questions instead she just nodded.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Karl was walking a bit behind his new friend. They walked in silence. They didn't talk aside from the question she asked. After a while they made it. "There is Katherine's place you can go and meet her, I'll be in the academy." She announced. She started skipping away. "Wait!! What academy?!?!" Karl yelled. He sighed, guess he better meet this tailor.

Karl knocked on a wooden door, painted a pastel purple with a few black spots that were probably forgotten to paint. "Come on in!!" A calm but lively voice answered. Karl hesitantly opened the door. The room he was met with was messy to say the least. There were bits and pieces of fabric and wool scattered all over the floor. Definitely a tailor's workplace. "I'll be with you in a sec!!" The voice yelled again.

Karl looked around the room once more, taking up every single detail he could. After what felt like ages, Katherine came out of the back of the shop? Was it a shop? "Hi, I'm Katherine." She said. "I'm Karl, nice too meet you." Karl answered back. "Likewise. Oh your the guy with the jacket. I hope I fixed it well..." Katherine looked at the jacket and was clearly proud of her work. "Euhm yeah, thanks for fixing it. I also have a question about that..." Karl was eager to know if Katherine found the photograph.

"Did you by any chance look into the pockets??" Karl asked sheepishly. "Of course, wouldn't wanna accidentally sew anything to your jacket." She answered. "Okay... Did you see the photo?" Karl asked scared for the answer. "Oh yeah I did! Oh don't worry. There are a lot of gay couples here!!" Katherine said it like it was the most normal thing ever. "What's gay??" Karl frowned. "It's what we call couples of the same gender." "Oh" That makes sense, right?

"Oh before I forget to ask." Karl said as he was walking towards the door. "Where is the academy?? Lillith said something about going there." He still wasn't sure what she meant with 'I'll be in the academy' was she a student or what was her business there? "Oh, I'm actually going there now. I teach botany there. You can follow me!" Katherine grabbed a cloak that was hanging next to the door and went outside while motioning for Karl to do the same.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"So your saying that Karl went trough the South Gate." A girl with orange hair was sitting in an office with Lillith. "Yes, but what confuses me is that it didn't open for him." The girl frowned. While Lillith continued. "He just kind of squeezed trough. I showed his jacket to Katherine and she said that the bush must have opened a little otherwise the jacket was beyond repair. I don't know Gem." The witch sighed. "I'll look into it, I'm not sure if I'm going to find anything but I'll try." Lillith nodded and Gem continued. "And as an answer for your first question, yes you can skip class for a while. I will make sure it gets arranged." The deer girl's face immediately lit up. "Thank you miss Tay." She said excitedly. "But, you will need to catch up on the material on your own time. Understood?" She asked in a strict voice. "Of course."

Lillith exited the office and went down the steps. She looked up at the sun. Midday. Katherine was going to be teaching soon. Lillith decided that she was going to wait for Katherine and Karl next to her classroom.

After a while of waiting a man with blue hair came up to her. "Hi Lillith." He said with a big smile on his face. "Hi Scott. How's it going." She replied. "Good what are you doing? I thought you had class." He frowned. "I have to guide the new guy around so Gem let me skip." Scott mouthed an 'oh'. He opened his mouth to say something else but was cut off by someone.

"Hey Lillith!!" A familiar voice called out. "Oh hey." the brunette replied. Katherine and Karl joined the two of them and started chatting. "Hi I'm Scott, you must be the new guy." He offered his hand. The boy took it. "Karl." He replied.

After a while of chatting Katherine and Scott both needed to go. They said their goodbyes and went on their way.

A figure was standing in a library, book in hand looking at the two.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Hey there!! Sorry that it's been a while... I only have time to write on Tuesdays and Thursdays so it takes a while. Anyways see you next time.

(Questions and suggestions here =>)