percy x Hecate daughter reader

Being a daughter of Hecate had its perks. For instance, you were doted on in the ways of medicine, much like the Apollo kids, you complimented each other in that way.

 Their powers diminished at night, while yours grew stronger and vice-versa.

 Your magic covered various areas, including the earth, heavens and oceans as well as your speciality: shape-shifting. Having such a wide range of domains, Hecate kids were often asked for favours and help around camp. It was needless to say that Hecate kids were a beloved asset around camp.

Sometimes, you took privilege in these favours, and asked Chiron for certain liberties, like skipping a lesson or activity.

 Or even being able to stay out past curfew, (without any of the other campers knowing, of course).

As of right now, you were using one of your 'favour passes' as you liked to call them, as you sat out in Delphi's Strawberry Fields, allowing the cool summer breeze to blow through your hair. Your shoes had been discarded so that you could dig your toes in the soil.

The Battle of Manhattan had taken place a few days ago, and people were still mourning the loss of their loved ones. You were not indifferent to lose, you had lost some of your sisters, and while you would love to be mourning with the ones that remained, it was better for you to do it alone.

Being a daughter of Hecate had its perks, however, being a daughter of Hecate brought complicated feelings in times like this. 

Being a daughter of Hecate meant you could see and feel other people's 'magic', something that mortals knew as 'aura'. And during the aftermath of the Battle, there wasn't a surplus of beautiful magic.

 A sombre atmosphere covered the camp, and while it never completely left, it seemed to dissipate at night. 

Maybe it was the cruelness of hope that manifested itself in dreams, giving people a brief moment of contentment, as they fantasized that their loved ones hadn't been lost and that when they woke up, everything would still be like it was a few days prior.

Amidst your contemplation, the sound of rustling leaves could be heard. You knew who it was, he was the only person that ever came out here at night. Mostly because he didn't care for the curfew.

He didn't say anything, he just sat next to you and stared up at the stars.

"How are you doing?" you asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I am," Percy replied.

"I think that's what we all are," you said.

Silence once again.

"You're not looking at the stars tonight," he said.

"It's hard right now. Especially tonight, or any other night since it happened."

You both didn't dare to say exactly what happened. It was in the past as of right now, and maybe in the future, it would become a part of the present so that it didn't repeat itself. But as of right now, it was too hard to bear.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

You sighed and brought your knees up to your chest, "I guess it just feels wrong. I think they are my stars tonight, I have to look at them just in case they crash and burn. It's been rough for all of us."

Percy nodded. He might not understand you completely, but that was what your relationship with him was like. He was there for you no matter what, and most of the time you comprehended each other without even talking, and when you didn't being with each other was enough.

For the first time since he joined you, you looked at him. His aura contained a little blue, however, it faded into grey as it progressed towards the edges. You stared at him, analyzing the change in colour that his magic had had these past days.

"You can stop looking at my jello, or whatever you call it."

"Jello is a new one. You're getting creative with the names. Care to explain it?"

"It's because I'm in it, and it's kind of like I'm suspended inside. Or that's what I imagine it looks like to you at least."

"That would make you jello too."

"I think being jello would be fun."

His magic flickered for an instant, tinting itself in a light shade of orange and yellow. You smiled before looking back at the camp.

"I wish I could see your magic," Percy said.

"Trust me, you don't."

"I just wish I could do the same for you that you do for me."

You chuckled, the sound came out more bitter than you had intended, "That's a burden me and my sisters bear. Mom had to find a way to balance out all the perks."

Percy stared at you, "I may not be able to see magic Y/N. But some other things are clear to see, you can let go, just for a while if you'd like to, we can even stay here forever if that's what you need."

You tried. You really tried to remain silent, but as you listened to him a choked sob escaped your throat. Someone with your ability was usually in charge of comforting everyone, you were supposed to even take in those negative emotions, however, you never realized the toll it was taking on you until it was too late.

Percy scooted closer to you and wrapped his arms around you as he cradled your body. He led your head up to his chest and comfortingly ran his calloused hands along your back. He didn't say anything, he just allowed you to let out everything you had been holding on to up until now.

"I'm- I'm so- sorry," you said in between sobs.

Percy shushed you and rubbed your back, "You don't have to apologize. You're safe here."

And you truly believed him, you allowed yourself to completely let go while in his arms. Amidst a world full of chaos you could always count on the sea-green-eyed boy to bring you comfort. Even when the world had collapsed, your home was still standing as long as he was.

Percy watches as you relaxed in his arms, you let loose, and something extraordinary happened. He saw as a soft colourful light emanated from you. It started with a bright pink and faded into indigo. He smiled and whispered a quiet 'thank you'. He knew you wouldn't be able to hear it, but you would feel it, just as he felt you.